Posts by ru4music

Yes, please let us know your results.  I run the Brimar EZ80, 5998, and Amperex PQ 6922 in my setup.
It's really not that complicated.  The cable(s) depend on the system and the weakest link (so to speak.)  It's really a match between the losses in the system (e.g. treble/ mid/ bass vs harmonic representation  from subtle timbre nuances etc.)  So, cables either compensate or attenuate a system as a whole and at the same time affect nuances in the music based on music type and harmonics.   So it really depends on a lot of factors!  Welcome to the void and enjoy!
Well, after 10+ years of being a Woo headphone amp owner (WA-3, WA-2) I'm thinking W234, but I'm also thinking designing my own dedicated 300B amp. So, I'm interested in Woo 234 experiences (pro/ con) vs other designs etc., and looking for real experiences and the what-not.   Thanks in advance! Ken   BTW, design wise, the focus would be on the hd-800 headphone (300 - 600 impedance).   It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm sure you'll all understand!
Thanks for the review!  What HPs were you using and did they have a stock/ or upgraded cable?  BTW, I believe your review would transcend  HPs as well.
    WA2
Cool!  Have you tried the Brimar EZ80 and which Rects. with tube combo have tried?
I have a few that do the same, generally this won't cause any problems.
Sorry, I don't at the moment.  Sometimes they're labeled as GE, you'll just need to do your homework.  I purchased two NOS pairs from http://www.vacuumtubesinc.com/ you can check with them etc.
I use the Brimar EZ80 (one of the best); have some Valvo and the Brimar are way above in performance.
X2, but keep in mind that you will want to do all three to get the most from the WA2 (it's worth it in the end!)