or Connect

Posts by bala

My review of the Meze 99 Classics is up at http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-99-classics/reviews/16248       Thank you @MezeTeam for the review sample. 
I am doing a comparison with the Meze 99 Classics and the MT220, the latter seems to be a slightly better for at-home listening choice.The difference is not huge but with a good setup, there is a difference in soundstaging, air in the higher frequencies and a little added clarity. The 99 Classics is easily the best on-the-go choice, where these subtle differences don't matter much.
Oh, I don't think anybody has a problem with you enjoying the monk more than the HD600! after all it is musical enjoyment that matters not gear. I was just sharing my opinion, cheers.
I complete agree with Brooko. I think the monks get the "gestalt" of music right at an AWESOME price (which is an achievement!) - but they don't essentially replace a HD6xx or the likes.
My Monk+ order has been submitted and eagerly waiting for it. I still cannot believe how good these sound with a tube amp! Haven't touched the K702 & 650s
Your welcome, happy to see that someone is going to be a satisfied music listener .
The EM3s are a handsome pair of earphones, looking forward to trying them some time soon!
Haven't heard it, but that sure is a good looking amp!
That is a killer price for HA160! Nothing today can match it in terms of performance at that price, free bump ;-)
One more for Club Monk! I received my Monks yesterday (yes I ordered two! the price made me question the build quality) The moment I laid my hands on the Monk, I was telling myself - "wow, that build quality is not bad at all.... and that's 5 bucks!" I somehow have a feeling that this one would outlast my RE400, substantial cable and reasonably good plastic. I found that it took me a few minutes to get the positioning right and once I hit play on my X3 it was WOW time!...