Posts by pkgk1

Update:  I've tried: Installing old drivers Changing PCI slots Turning off ALL fans (including CPU and GPU fans) changing modular connections taking out my wireless card (someone said it might cause interference) Disabling front panel connections All to no avail; I have just placed an order for an AC to molex power supply. If this doesn't work, my only other idea would be to reinstall windows.  Could any other xonar essence owner turn mic boost on...
There is an odd static hiss coming from the card, it is especially apparent when I turn mic boost on.  I've even purchased a new card to ensure it wasn't just a bad card, and I get the exact same problem Other things I've tried: Turn the GPU fan down (no difference) Give it its own modular connection from the PSU (Kingwin Lazer PSU) Uninstall onboard drivers Reinstall Asus drivers Whatever I do, this static hiss remains, it is especially apparent when I...
I'm no expert, but a lot of people claim buying a cheap amplifier and some bookshelf speakers provides much more bang for the buck than buying powered speakers like the av40's. I got this amp for 25 dollars, could not be happier with this little thing. Powers my speakers beautifully. http://www.amazon.com/Lepai-Tripath-Class-T-Amplifier-Supply/dp/B0049P6OTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333824589&sr=8-1
I found some Polk Monitor30's for the same price as the b3000. Should I go with those instead?
Title pretty much says all. I have a subwoofer so the monitors bass response shouldn't be a major factor. Which do you guys think will sound better/can be driven better with this amp?  Edit: The Polk Audio Monitor 30's are in my price range, should I just buy those?  Thanks! 
Sadly I don't have the cash to shell out for a 100 dollar receiver atm, 120 total is my limit, but thanks for the recommendation! However, wow do the B652 compare to the  Sony B1000? Which, in your opinion, has superior sound? Is one driven easier by the t-amp I'm looking into?  
Title pretty much says it all. I have a relatively cheap active polk sub, and splitters for each AV channel to supply both the subwoofer and an amp/monitors. Bear in mind I like to listen to music LOUD, and use the speakers for little house parties, so im not sure how the little t-amp will perform. Regardless, which one do you guys think will have better sound quality? TL;DR Should I get the T-amp and Sony b3000 setup, or just get some av40's. I have a subwoofer so...
I'm essentially trying to connect a buddies computer and his subwoofer to a sherwood 4105 (or 4109, same ports on the back)   http://www.compsource.com/large_image.asp?part_no=RX4105&vid=1210  (as you can see, no purple subwoofer out, like seen on most new surround receivers) No DVI, VGA, or HDMI either for computer connectivity   Now, can I run a 3.5mm to RCA cord into the CD/DVD inputs on the back of the receiver to connect into his computer?   As for...
Yes, I already did that, just figured I should post incase he doesn't check his messages. 
I'm interested in purchasing.