Posts by RestoredSparda

Trying out some bugle boys this morning with some John Mayer.
Pretty stellar results with the Lyr 2 swapping in 1965 Amerexe Bugle Boys. Only had about 20 minutes to listen, but compared to the stock Lyr 2 tubes I'm noticing a fairly large change in the soundstage. I didn't want to believe it, but dang....instead of instruments coming from either left and right directly, with the singer usually directly in the center of my head, I find instruments hovering out in front/left, or front/right of my head. Even the singer seems to float...
Kill it with fire!
I seriously doubt he was being aggressive. No hostility was meant I'm sure. Its just frustrating when one claim that few agree with out of many positives completely turn a product off for someone when they have never heard it. Hearing for yourself is the only thing I would trust. Enjoy your morning, I know I can't wait to grab a cup of coffee and fire up the headphones.
+1Just received the Lyr 2 and with only 12 hours on the stock tubes it is a substantial upgrade over me EF-5. Will be keeping it. Using with bifrost uber usb2 and wyrd. Loving the 560s with this combo. Would not at all call this a bright setup. Bass is very much present. An accurate signature if anything.
Ended up purchasing some Amperex Bugle Boys from mercedesman. Thanks for the suggestions all (even though I went a different route).   :)
Helloooo all! I have a Schiit Lyr 2 coming in the mail and have heard from a lot of snooping around the forums that the stock tubes leave a little to be desired. Top and bottom end is good, but midrange can sound "fuzzy"?   I currently own a pair of HE-500 and HE-560 headphones and use them with an upgraded EF-5 amp, with the stock Fullmusic tube (it's a great tube).   Anyways, I have been surfing through and the Tele's have been recommended as a good match with the...
1. HE-560 2. HE-500 3. HD600 4. Momentum 5. RMA 750 6. DT990 7. IE6
There are definetly good days and bad days. Especially with allergy season and how it messes with my sinuses and makes my ears very painful and sensitive. On the bad days I just accept its a human thing and don't blame the system. Then I walk away, do something else, and come back another day when I'm able to appreciate the music.Also, regarding different times of day...listening at night when there is very little outside noise is almost a must with the HE-560. My...
Wow......