Posts by Mkubota1

After picking up the YAXI pads along with an MDR-CD900st from Tokyo, I proceeded to do the swap right after a brief listen to each headphone with their stock pads.     The YAXI pad is made of protein leather and is pictured on the right cup (above).  On the MDR-7506 the thickness of the two pads is close, with the YAXI appearing a bit more supple and definitely feeling such.     Another difference between...
秋・ヘッドフォン・祭 (Fall ∙ Headphone ∙ Festival)   October 25-26, 2014   ____________________________     Here we are again with the Fall 2014 edition of the Headphone Festival put on by Fujiya AVIC of Nakano, Tokyo.  Just like the last show in May, this one was held at Nakano Sun Plaza which is located just a few minutes walk from the Fujiya AVIC store itself.     Nakano Sun Plaza (tall building, middle) houses large meeting facilities, a concert hall, as well as a...
 Can we confirm that the serial numbers ran uninterrupted?  I see a lot of some numbers (4xxx, 7xxx, 10xxx, etc.) but little or none of others.  I'm guessing this will vary radically from user to user just based on each individual's HRTF- particularly with the K1000.http://stereos.about.com/od/Headphones/ss/Why-Headphones-Sound-Different-to-Different-People_3.htm#step-heading
Nice work Sean!  Jealous as always of the show; not so much the summer humidity.       As for portable amps having low-Z out, yeah-  I'm not even interested if it's not 0 or close to it.  I wonder if manufacturers just don't know this or if they're forced to make trade-offs for design limitations?
 It reminds me of the color of my tongue after eating Gobstoppers or ’Island Punch’ Jelly Belly.  The color is called Edo Murasaki (Edo = old name for Tokyo, Murasaki = purple).  I dug up some info on it because I was curious myself: "To Japanese people purple has been used in various settings as a color familiar to people since long ago before the Heian-Period (794 - 1185). In 603, Prince Shotoku established the first system to rank officials into 12 levels by their...
 THANK YOU!!!  And ouch:  ~$350.  It's nice, but...
The next FALL Headphone Festival will be October 25-26, 2014 at Nakano Sun Plaza.   BASIC INFO!!!   These shows are held twice a year- once in May (usually the 1st or 2nd weekend, the one after Golden Week) and once in October (usually the last weekend).  In terms of climate and weather it's generally in the 60°F range.  This upcoming one it will return to Nakano Sun Plaza, which is a brief walk from the FUJIYA AVIC store in Nakano Broadway mall.  Most importantly, the...
春・ヘッドフォン・祭 (Spring ∙ Headphone ∙ Festival)   Once again from Tokyo, Japan, here is my pictorial and more!  It has been over two months since this event was held so please don't confuse this one with the more recent e-earphone Portable Audio Festival/ 'PortaFest').  Summer in Japan is a sweat fest so these May (and October) FUJIYA-AVIC 'Headphone Festival' events suit me much better!   Update:  Anakchan just posted a report on the more recent FUJIYA-AVIC 'Potaken' that...
I don’t think you can pay for NEX with a SUICA (or PASMO) card.  But I can’t really think of any reason you’d want to in particular.  You can buy an NEX ticket with a credit card.  It sounds like you’re in luck because they’re having a ‘Special’ on one-way NRT > Tokyo: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html#category02   They used to have a package that included NEX and some SUICA yen, but it looks like that is...
I'll be there!  I'll actually be staying at the Nakano Sun Plaza Hotel, which is terribly convenient for obvious reasons.  The price is fairly reasonable @ ~$120USD.  Sorry- no mini-meet because I'll be traveling with my mommy.  I'll have my own room, but I can't just abandon her.  =(     Regarding money, if you are flying into Narita, my favorite way of getting into town is either Narita Express or Keisei Skyliner- depending on where you will be staying.  Both tickets...