Posts by Angelbelow

Just removed the stock mesh. Currently no plans to add another grill but will definitely have to be careful and stores these in the original Hifiman box so that dust doesn't accumulate.
 Thanks for the suggestion.
Noticed there was some discussion a few pages back on "socket savers" and I've noticed that some of these pictures have plugs that the tubes go on top of. Are socket savers beneficial or are those just adapters.
 Yeah, always been curious about the RS1s.
Any impressions on the Grados RS1 (i or e) and the WA5?   Enjoyed the Grados sr325i for a few years before upgrading to the HE500s and sometimes miss the sound.
Inspiring, really. Big attraction to metal for me is the passion.
 I asked a similar question when I first got my WA5. Everyone advised me to switch out the stocks ones so I ended up changing out the stock tubes pretty quickly (2 weeks in). I still don't really have a 300b tube but love the sound so far. I'm almost at the point of being skeptic that it could get any better if I replace the 300bs. Tubes used: Rectifer tube: Brimars and Driver tubes: GE 6sn7 Also, good thing I changed them out because I discovered that my 6sn7 bad boys...
 Looks like its the driver tubes. Everytime I use them they cause my headphones click and pop before music is even playing. And they will usually cause a channel to die out after a while. These weren't the ones from Langrex but good to know that they are helpful.
 Just a quick update on the matter, I switched out the driver tubes. My newly purchased sylvania 6SN7GT vintage with the 6SN7WGT Philips ECG. I think another member told me these were late production sylvanias. Thought I would add some thoughts on the differences. The vintage sylvanias, or the bad boys with the 3 holes in each plate were definitely more airy. Felt more holographic. The Philips ECG are noticably more bass-y without being overwhelming. Definitely has a...
What a nice treat for those who ordered the silver widow during the promos. Enjoy!