or Connect

Posts by dpump

I still have my MDR-CD2000. With an upgraded cable they still sound as good as current production phones. Had the CD3000 but remember I didn't like them as much as the reviews I read. Maybe I was wrong on the 3000 as amps and dacs have improved a lot since then. At any rate, I wish I had the 3000 back as it is now worth probably 3 times what I paid for it!
 Like to get the specs for the upgraded fuse you are using.
For petes sake open a headphone... Its gotta be the cash cow of the audio world.. Cheap parts, cheap shipping, cheap materials   I think the cash cow of the audio world has to be phono cartridges. They are more out of control than high end headphones.
FS: EMOTIVA USP-1 stereo preamp. Full featured preamp with 7 inputs including phono with MM/MC switch. Remote control. Full range output and 2.1 output with variable frequency stereo high pass and mono low pass outputs. Can use all outputs at the same time. Motorized volume control. Headphone output. Relay switching between inputs. Have the original manual and box. Price includes PayPal fee and UPS Ground shipping in the continental USA only. Check Emotiva website for full...
Originally Posted by John2e Sorry if this has been discussed. How much burn in time for the Elear's before they take on their final sound signature?Thanks First of all, I do believe that most headphones need some burn in time for the suspension to loosen up. I think 25 hours should be most if not all of the way there for most phones. I've seen Grado recommend 100 hours and Audioquest and AKG recommend 150 hours. All of those phones have drivers with a somewhat stiff...
Originally Posted by dpump  Anyone have an E-MU Teak headphone they want to sell? PM me if you do.   Did get a pair from a member who purchased them from the May MassDrop. Very happy with the sound quality. Had a pair of TH-X00 but from memory I like the Teak a lot better. Bass seems to be better defined on the Teak where I remember the TH-X00 as having more bass but less clarity. Really a very smooth and pleasing sound on the Teak but still with excellent detail and...
The connectors on the Elear that Tyll shows are mono connectors. The Neutrik Rean connectors Tyll recommends and the Via Blues recommended here are both stereo connectors. I also checked Norse Audio and he is selling the Eidolic connectors that are stereo. I assume you use the tip and sleeve connections and leave the ring unconnected? I know Neutrik Rean makes a mono plug also so why not use it instead of the stereo plug? The Reans are much less expensive than the Eidolic...
It would be nice if people would do some research before posting. It was shown in the original video and has been discussed here several times-the main reason the Focals are as heavy as they are is because of the large magnets. The use of carbon fiber was to help offset the weight of the magnets. Without the magnets Focal are using the phones wouldn't provide the sound quality they have. Please watch the video and you will see why they weigh as much as they do and what...
Anyone have an E-MU Teak headphone they want to sell? PM me if you do.
I meant the patience thing as a bit of a joke so I put an exclamation point after it. I'm a pretty impatient person myself!​   In my personal experience, having to wait an extra 2 months isn't too bad-from July to September. In the past a number of manufacturers have announced products at RAM or CES and then not delivered for many months. In some cases they were sending out loaners and getting feedback before committing to the final design. That's all well and good if...