or Connect

Posts by dpump

Will the consumer be able to disassemble the new Master to repair a broken cable or will it have to be returned to Trinity for repair?
Just a note for political correctness: the title of this thread should be Denon AH-D7200 instead of Denon AH-7200.   Denon USA has had the D7200 on their website for a little while, but they have no stock yet. The price is listed as $999.00. In my opinion the price should be more like $799. I think Denon is trying to use the past popularity of the D7000 to justify the $999.00 price.   Look at the Massdrop Fostex models. $399 for mahogany, $449 for purpleheart, and $499...
​Thanks for the info. I will check the Pono out. I am familiar with the benefits of balanced operation and I do have two amps that are truly balanced. Also have some other amps that have a balanced out 4-pin connector that aren't true balanced amps,including one I added a balanced out to-makes it easier to use a balanced cable instead of having to switch back to a regular 1/4" cable. I assume most people are aware that you must have a true balanced amp to get the benefits...
Those of you who are reporting better sound on the balanced Pono-is the improvement due mostly to the Pono having better sound quality which makes any balanced phone sound better? In other words, is most of the sound improvement due to the amp and not the PM4?   I would like to make a balanced cable for my PM4 but I hesitate to cut my stock braided cable. I asked BobTrinity if Trinity could sell the 2-pin connectors by themselves , but he said no. Would be nice if they...
Yes, I was able to purchase boost pads and ultrasuede pads, but it was a bit of an ordeal. I originally called Audioquest on 12/30 to order both pads. I was told that the boost pads were available but the ultrasuede pads were not available. I went ahead and ordered the boost pads. On 12/31 SklarGray made the statement above that both sets of pads were available to be ordered, so I sent an email to Audioquest on 1/01 and requested they add the ultrasuede pads to my boost...
If I am remembering correctly, I think a little over a 1000 were sold. There should be some for sale not too long after they are received. There's bound to be some people that decide not to keep theirs. As for another drop-the first drop was limited to 2000, so I would expect to see another one with a limit of maybe 1000 or so. That seems to be the trend for Massdrop.
BobTrinity,   Is the new Master shell held together with screws? If so, will it be possible for the end user to open the shell and replace the wire if it is damaged at some point? Or will it have it be to returned to you for repair?
The description of the new Delta Atlas on the Trinity website is somewhat confusing. The first paragraph says the shell is aluminum and the second paragraph says it is stainless steel. I think stainless steel is correct? Also the picture only shows the back of it and there is no wire shown, only the shell. Would be nice to see some more pictures of the complete unit.
I tried to redeem points when I ordered Kombi tips. Never could get it to accept my code. Do the points only work if you are buying phones and not accessories?
​There is a definite improvement going from the LPS TO THE LPS+. For those of you who aren't aware, LTA modified the original LPS by changing the 12-volt regulator to a custom 12-volt regulator they had specially made and it is designated as the LPS+. I had my original LPS converted to the LPS+ a couple of months ago and heard an immediate improvement in clarity with a blacker background. You have to send your LPS to LTA and the charge is $80 including return shipping to...