Posts by arturo71

I want one cyclotron under my garden
Wow, amazing contribution. Thanks a lot for the very developed article. It takes a lot of work to write something like this. Much more informative than the impressions we see around here.
I confirm I received a shipping notification from Justin for my 230V amp this night (I found it this morning in my inbox).
 My advice is that you buy a second-hand Stax amplifier and you use it until the BHSE arrives. Then you can sell the Stax amp almost at the price you paid for it. My upgrade path was: Lambda 404 and Stax 007tII (which I bought from different owners), then I bough a SR007A, then BSHE, then SR009, then I sold the Stax 007tII. They were all second hand except the BHSE.
I concur with negura: 009 plus mid-tier amp. I reported about a 4-way comparison of mine before in this thread. However it all depends on which sound signature you like best, the 007 or the 009 one. The ampli will not change that.
I would like to share my experience about what matters more between amps or cans. Some months ago I bought a Stax SR-009 and I compared it with my SR-007A and the two amps I had at the time: Stax SRM-007tII and BHSE. I compared them four ways, i.e. each can with each amp. It helped that I was alone in the house for a few weeks as my family was away on holidays. In short, my conclusion was that, at least for those Stax cans, the headphones matter more for the sound...
 +1
So, Ardilla, did you do the mod?
There is one in 6moons. Google '6moons studio six'.
Sold