Posts by Butler

Looking for a Bifrost, Generation I, for the following my japanese import ATH-ESW9 and japanese import AT-HPP5 hard case. The listing, with photos and more information can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/756250/audio-technica-ath-esw9-at-hpp5-japan-import Will also cover the difference in value of the items in cash, to be negotiated.
Looking for a Lyr, Generation I, for the following my japanese import ATH-ESW9 and japanese import AT-HPP5 hard case. The listing, with photos and more information can be found here: Will also cover the difference in value of the items in cash, to be negotiated.
The other Schiit amps will mute the pre-outs when headphones are plugged in- is this not the case here?
I would also like some clarity about this. Can anyone comment on the details regarding using the Mjolnir as a pre for powered or passive monitors via the output on the back of the unit?Doing this would allow me to get rid of my computer speaker set up entirely.
Also own both, and I would agree with this. My LCD-2.2 is more syrupy. 250 bucks and Audeze will throw fazors in it but it's not really worth the investment for my work stack- where I'm not exactly closing my eyes and kicking back to listen to tunes.Understandably, the LCD-2 has a wider sound stage given it's open nature. I also am able to easily wear the LCD-2 40 hours a week- the LCD XC is a better can in my opinion overall but the weight is notable after a 4 hour...
I've had a couple users message me regarding the "buzz in the right channel" issue I had awhile back with the Mjolnir whereas it's apparent I'm still using the set up despite posting that the isolation transformer not working to address the issue. So I'll summarize what I told them here. It was a quite frustrating ordeal to say the least. The isolation transformer didn't address the issue and here's why: After a ton of troubleshooting it boiled down to this: I was only...
Mjolnir and Gungnir reporting in! Hood of the car in Jason's garage era Asgard is at work, put putting along my LCD- 2.2's.
Understandable if you have a set of cans known for their headbands snapping, the AIAIAI line comes to mind- but something like the LCD series with leather headbands this isn't going to be an issue.I'm not into hanging stands, something about the potential for swinging headphones doesn't sit well for me. I've been interested in getting a stand for my office stack which I'm upgraded- I'll likely look into something more affordable than the authentic Omega stand.
It's been almost a year with this set up and I have to say I'm still as content as I was day one. Well, actually more content- I had a bit of an ear issue, and a dirty power issue, both which caused an initial poor experience- but I have to say that I confidently feel as if this is my high fidelity nirvana. I dont see myself moving on for a long long time. Although I'll be honest, I use a very slight classic v in the EQ in foobar. Oh well. Besides, this gives me a...
Based on his explanation It sounds like the one he has is a knock off of the original Sieveking Sound Omega. They are incredibly high quality from various kinds of woods and are not cheap.The knock offs tend to wobble or split at the wooden seams.