Posts by Butler

You can't criticize the manufacture's rather laughable reasoning for why it costs so much or your post will get deleted.Just like the ones who posted in this thread that brought to light the incident where he was caught rebranding and selling low grade cable as high grade cable.Abyss is a sponsor after all.I have no idea how people can justify buying these or find their "Hot Topic meets Walmart" aesthetic attractive.
I ended up having Blue Jeans make me one, however they were very concerned about pin out- which is strange because it was simply to function as an "extension" cable of my original stock cable. It seems to work as intended, but I feel like my headphones dont sound the same anymore, even without the cable- is it possible for a miswired XLR cable to mess up planar dynamics irrevocably? I saw other 4 pin XLR cables on Amazon, but I just wasn't sure if they could be used for...
The TrippLite Isolation Transformer has not addressed the issue with the buzz in the right channel, looks like Schiit is going to want to take a look at it at this point.
Its interesting you say that because many folks in this thread sing the praises of the Mjolnir Gungnir combination with the XC.It really seemed incredible for the first few days, and then I left for the weekend, my extension 4pin cable came in from Blue Jeans, and now everything seems different. It's like I have my w5000's again, everything seems kind of grating and painful like the highs are too high so I can't listen to the music as loud as a I used to.
That may be the case, but it seems somewhat sudden and my ears feel fine without them. I feel like something had happened almost. I dont think the cable could've done anything to harm the amp or the headphones, it seems to work as it should.
I've had my set up of Gugnir -> Mjolnir -> LCD XC for about a week or two now. I really loved it's sound and listened to them for hours and hours and used it fairly consistently and ended up getting a 4 pin xlr straight through extension cable from Blue Jeans Cable so I could use it across the room, and more often. I don't think the cable "messed up" anything because it seems to work as intended, but now when I'm using it it seems very very fatiguing at the old volume I...
Hi Folks, I've had my set up of Gugnir -> Mjolnir -> LCD XC for about a week or two now. I really loved it's sound and used it fairly consistently and ended up getting a 4 pin xlr straight through extension cable from Blue Jeans Cable so I could use it across the room, and more often. Now when I'm using it it seems very very fatiguing at the old volume I used to listen at, which is about 8 oclock. Its seemingly grating at almost any volume. Both the Mjolnir and Gugnir...
JJ,I appreciate your thoughtful response and insight.I like that endearing term for the sound- the "zizz". It occurs throughout the house, so I don't believe it to be the outlet.I don't dare mess with the electrical box, but ours was recently redone- our house is from the early 40's and it had been redone right before I purchased the property. It could be something I would look into more after I deploy the isolator/noise filter.I too believe it to be dirty power, I do hear...
You're missing the point, the hum and buzzing is there without the source. My source is a Gungnir with PYST cables, so for all intents and purposes- this schiit is compatible.
Common? No.It is a ground loop? No, I've tried a GFCI oulet, and I've ungrounded the the device with a 3 to 2 prong adapter.It happens on any plug in any part of the house, with no source and the volume all the way down.Does it happen to folks from time to time? Certainly. I googled it and that's how I deduced the source of my problem and the likely, and costly, solution.Have I ever had an amp that was this picky about how "clean" the power is? No.Have I ever had an amp...