Posts by gh0st0

Apologies in advance if this is a dense question, but how are you guys connecting headphones to a speaker amp... do they come with a cable that does this or is it a DIY effort?   I have an 18w class-A valve amp which might work well (http://www.fat-man.co.uk/docs/product_07/iTube_182_with_ValveDock.shtml), it has a 4 and 8 ohm taps...so I guess maybe the 8ohm would be suitable, I'm not sure how the impedance-matching would work with the HE-6's 50ohm load.   I...
Quote: I preordered December 25th, received confirmation, no news yet though.
  I'm a Dec. 25ther myself, trying to stop checking my email becoming compulsive...
I'm with you - I'm in the UK too and want mine coming over the water nice and snug. Plus they'll either be at home on their hook, or out travelling, in which case the plastic box looks like a great solution for keeping them safe and sound.
I hear your pain ninjikiran, I got onto the list on Christmas day, not had the much anticipated ping yet either. Fingers crossed for the coming weeks eh. 
blimey... big ole' thread eh.   I was about to pull the trigger on T1s before seeing the hype around these - does anyone know a place in the uk they can be heard?? If not, has anyone imported them and found how much they actually cost including duty etc.. and whether you could sell them without a big loss if they didn't match upto your amp and/or expectations?
I'll be auditioning that combo as soon as I can in the new year. I A/Bed with the XCANV8P and the M1 and all I can report is that to my ears, the M1 was a step up.   Would be really interesting to get the LCD-2 into the audition mix, but I can't find anywhere in the UK to listen to them :( $1000 is a bit of a punt for something you've never heard...
Has anyone heard the T1 with the musical fidelity M1 HPA? Solid state, but pure class A and plenty of beans... I was a bit underwhelmed by the DT880/600 with it - fantastic resolution and staging but a bit gutless at the low end.
Just some two-cents-worth from a recent audition...   I took along my harman/kardon HD990 cdp and Grado SR60i to try the Musical Fidelity line of headphone amps - v-can, x-can v8p (tube output stage) and M1 HPA (solid state, pure class-A). My plan is to keep the HD990 (mostly running a squeezebox receiver through it's DAC, which is very capable) and step up the Grados to SR325si.   v-can - brash...very brash. Forward presentation, but more fatiguing than...