Posts by gh0st0

Mine hums into my LCD-2, not affected by the volume level and equal in both channels. Two changes of tubes and a cheater plug made no difference.To be honest though, it's inaudible when any music is playing, even in the quietest passages, so I'm not sweating it.
Update: price drop to 375GBP
Retail is £500, you won't find one for less than £460 (delivered) in the UK.   If you want to PM me a sensible offer please feel free.
Pure Class-A solid state 4-month old Musical Fidelity M1 HPA for sale, 10/10 condition, meticulously cared for.    Check the details on the manufacturers site: http://www.musicalfidelity.com/products/M1-Series/M1HPA/M1HPA.asp   Originally bought new from an MF authorised dealer in the UK, comes with all original packaging and accessories.   I've used it mostly with Grado SR325is and Audeze LCD-2, both of which sound superb through it - it drives the LCD-2...
Lyr just arrived after it's trip across the Atlantic, and I'm up schiit creek with 6 watts of paddle    Simply put, I'm loving this amp with the LCD-2. It really works well with their bass capability without letting it get out of control, or losing definition, and the mids and highs manage to get just the right amount of tubeyness, if you're into it, whilst remaining well resolved and not overly warmed up.   Definately agree that the Gold Lions raise it's game,...
Can't wait to get my Lyr (should be shipped at the end of the month) so I can pitch it against my Musical Fidelity M1 HPA.   The LCD-2 already sound *amazing* with the M1, and doesn't feel underpowered at all (volume pot goes 7 o'clock round to 5 o'clock, normal volume for me with the LCD-2 is between 9 and 11, beyond 12 is probably hearing-damage territory) but I've yet to hear them with another amp so can't compare. I can say that it's extremely deft with the fine...
What tubes did you replace the JJs with?    
Same here.    
The eagle has landed  Anyone watching the timelines, I've put mine at the bottom.   Arrived in perfect condition, sorry for the crappy cellphone photo. It's an Audiolab 8200CD > Musical Fidelity M1 HPA > LCD-2   Too early for impressions after a 5-minute listen, but what I heard off the bat was favourable to say the least. The M1 HPA doesn't feel like it's breaking a sweat to drive them. I'll report more when I've had a good sitdown with...
  Thanks. Specifically with refernce to the HE-6 - are they wired correctly and only in need of the speakerwire>XLR adaptor?