Posts by tracer9191

Thank you all for the replies. At work I lift boxes, tape them up, that kinda thing. So not as rigorous as construction or anything but the bending over and reaching can cause the cord to tug the buds out of my ear. I will say that I did enjoy my se215's a lot, I just could never get the overly stiff memory section of the cord to form to my ear. I would also consider buds that take that approach as well. 
So here is the deal, I seem to have a horrible time with earbuds and getting them to stay in my ear. Whether it be apples new earpdods, skull candy buds, shure se215 abd others, none will stay in my ear. Tried the silicone tips and foam as well. So I began looking at neckband earbuds. When to Bestbuy and picked um some Motorola S10-HD's for $90. Not only was I unimpressed by the sound quality and the lack of volume, but found out I could get them for $50 shipped on Amazon....
Okay,   So after taking my Audio Technicas to work today, I was quite surprised when the left channel cut out as i was walking through the factory with them on. After further inspection, I believe that the problem lies where the cable enters the 3.5mm jack. The spring relief has been popped out for a while and I think that the cable finally broke in a small section near the jack.    So my first question, should I send them into AT and pay for them to replace the...
I am looking for some on or over the ear headphones for use at work. I have recently tried the Shure se215 and while they sounded decent, the would not stay in for the life of me and I really just don't care for the IEM. I work in a warehouse so I have to deal with loud horns and conveyor belts all day so something good at isolating sound would be nice. I have heard that sound cancelation causes an odd pressure on the ear, so I would be willing to hear peoples opinion of...
If I was going to go the AKG route would the 172 HD sound any better than the 240 studios? found a pair for 165 on amazon   http://www.amazon.com/Akg-K172Hd-High-Definition-Headphones/dp/B0012XTJ3S/ref=sr_1_71?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1290036200&sr=1-71 
I am looking at spending about $150 or less on these as they are going to be my first set of high quality phones. Genera: Hip-Hop, rap, rock, electronic, and some drum and bass. Maybe a little country thrown in there too. I'll be using these at my desk as I use skull candies for out and about as I want to keep these nice. They will be hooked up to my Mac Book to start with but I am hoping to add an amplifier. Any suggestions for either some sort of solid state or tube...
After running through my Itunes collection and what I have in CD's, its mostly Hip-Hop, rap, rock, electronic, and some drum and bass. Maybe a little country thrown in there too. Change any of the suggestions or put me in a different market? Also, any recommendations on amp that don't cost an arm and a leg? (oxymoron) 
I looked into many of the suggestions that you listed here and have actually narrowed it down to two. The M50's and the Shure SRH-750 DJ's. Yes, I know that they both have very big low end bass to them, and I am fine with that. So between these two, where would you go? Also does it hurt to run phones with out an amp and eventually add one? I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't get use to playing at a certain power level and then hurt them with I get something like a...
PM sent
Hello Everyone!   After seeing the site multiple times I decided to finally become part of the Head-fi family. MY question today is more of asking for some recommendations. I'm looking for a full size pair of headphones for my desk while I'm sitting in my dorm room. I would say that I listen to music for 3-4 hours a day and the genera is varies greatly  with some metal, rap, some classical, and other things like house. I want a pair of headphones that gives me the...