Posts by NorCa

Bookshelf, I like passive a little more. Sounds better to me paying $300 for a passive than $300 for an active (part of the price is the amp, not all on speaker quality). I'd love to find some stereo receiver like the HK3490(includes DAC - toslink input) a little cheaper, $440 just for receiver will hurt my speaker budget a lot.
I'm gonna buy the Silverstone SG-05 (mini-itx), so no room for sound card. I have around $800 but I would really really REALLY like to spent less. My source will be my computer. I've been also considering Audioengine D1 - A5+. I want something decent that makes me want to keep it for a couple of years or more, not $90 that I will change pretty soon and become useless on my closet ;)
Hey guys, I want to upgrade my audio setup for speakers. I need a headphone out aswell, I'm not gonna be able to use my Xonar ST, unless you really think is not worthy and I should definitely keep my sound card.   Any other suggestions are welcome!
Ahh screw it... i just lost my multi-quote-explained answer  (i asked about SRH940 HD600 HD650 HE300)   Thanks all for your comments, i narrowed it to HD650 - HE300, the thing is my amp is just my ST's headphone out, and i read many times about the 650's being amazing the more you spent on source - amp - cables - etc, I can't even afford a new amp + headphones now lol, hence the HE300 which seems to be easy to drive and a review from headfonia was all but bad.
  HD-600 vs HD-650 vs HE-300 vs SRH-940 for:  
  Nice thanks !  
^^^ Thx m8!
What amp are you using with the 940's ? Considering buying them but i don't have an amp other than Xonar ST and i think is about time to upgrade.
Heres mine   From Deviantart
OMG now you are gonna make me check my ST temps everytime.. i hate you