or Connect

Posts by Xaborus

The audio gods have forsaken us.
They should just make an app and sell it for $5. Teens will flock to the "legal high", media will blow things out of proportion just like they did with binaural beats; they will get tons of free advertising and rake in boatloads of money. If not, someone else will 😅
Buying these as soon as new stock comes in. As much as I adore my Ath-R70x's, I find it much easier/relaxing to use in-ears.
Just bought these and received these yesterday. Honestly, I don't feel like I have anything to add to the discussion; I wont be doing a long review. Long story short: if you're thinking about buying these, buy them. Now. Just splurge and do it. If you aren't thinking about buying these (and buying something else instead), buy these. You won't regret it.   This headphone has ended my headphone journey. They're that good. I honestly feel like there isn't room for...
Checking in! Its been a few months!   Its great to see that the community is having tons of fun modding and discovering this headphone. I just want to say that i never thought that one of my threads would ever become this popular and still be active 2+ years later.   I would just like to thank each and every one of you whom have contributed. 
You're also forgetting the pono's native format is FLAC.   Headunits usually can't read Flac. Only mp3 or wav usually.   So digital output on the pono would be pointless for car audio. 
In reguards to Neil's car, at one point in the video you can see tweeters near the a-pillar. So its pretty obvious his speaker system is not stock, and assuning he's smart and knows that his campaign relies on marketing, probably high-end.
Apologies for format, I'm on a terrible mobile. After reading an interview @ www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2014/03/12/289435279/hear-neil-young-explain-his-pono-music-player-at-sxsw I cant help to believe that Neil just might be masterminding this in a direction that he isnt actually telling. If you read between the lines- he's actually talking about the loudness war, but better recorded Mp3's would be a hard sell. Could Neil actually be trying to reverse the loudness wars...
Jesus this year has been an amazing year for hi-fi. New optimal headphone EQ curves (Focal spirit classic + pro / NAD hp50), and now this. I also just learned about the Schitt Valhalla, which is a MUST buy in my book. Anyway, the inner objective in me is skeptical that 24bit 192k is actually better than CD quality, but ofcourse I'll have to try it for myself, or just wait for YouTube videos of blind listening tests (which are sure to come due to the huge stirr this has...
For those of you who don't know, the MDR V6 was the unofficial industry standard for music production /mixing/ radio headphones. Why on earth would Sony discontinue its single most popular and successful headphone. It's official guys.