Posts by FuzzyD

I'm going to have to have a talk with my mother-in-law about crafting a custom fitted headband. She is a master with the sewing machine and I'm sure we could put something together with about $5 worth of supplies from that Jo'Anns store. I'm thinking basically the same design as the Beyer pad but with a black velour fabric and maybe velcro instead of snaps. She even hand stitched a PSP case for me back in the day that was real nice.
  How did you get the Beyer pad to fit this well? I have the same pad and I can only snap the buttons on the far ends. The middle 4 buttons are just too far apart due to the He400's wide pad.   That said, even with just those two buttons snapped, these things are world's more comfortable this way.
I used a small wrench on mine. Just make sure not to go crazy.   I'm going to try building my own cable like GTRagnarok did earlier in the thread. I'm just waiting on my 2nd connector to arrive from China (accidentally ordered just 1 the first time). I wish high end headphones came with 4-5 foot cables as opposed to 10 foot. I would imagine the majority of customers would prefer a shorter cable.
Well this really blows. I spoke to HiFiMan customer service and I would have to send the headphones to China for my scratched grill replacement. I don't think that's worth it or good customer service. They won't just send me one new grill. Going to see what HeadRoom can do...
Here's the paint chip I mentioned a couple pages back. Going to call them tomorrow.  
Has anyone done at least a quick and dirty write up about how to switch the earpads? I'd like to put the velours on but I'm not really sure what I should be pulling/twisting on and don't want to break anything.   Also, the rubber spacers that they came with installed aren't necessary? Are those just there to add depth for bigger ears?
I'll probably give HiFiMan a call tomorrow. The grills are easy to take off right?   As for the sound, still adjusting to the signature after spending a lot of time with the AD700 recently and trying a little of everything from jazz, piano, rock, and pop. Right off the bat I would say they are very pleasant to listen to (and I mean that in the best way possible). I'm also finding them VERY comfortable. My AD700 had gotten very uncomfortable. Itchy, slid around around...
Just opened my HE400 for Christmas and listening now. Unfortunately I noticed out of the box a small spot where the black paint chipped off the left grill near the center. I could probably "buff" it out with a Sharpie but I wonder if I should contact HeadRoom or HiFiMan about getting a replacement grill. 
The Denon D5000 wowed me big time the first time I heard them. They were by far the best cans I'd heard up to that point.
  Can you still buy the J$ pads though? Lawton Audio obviously is still selling their's but I don't see the J$ anywhere.