Posts by FuzzyD

What about the Lawton Audio pads? They are expensive but they are available and should be basically the same as the J$ right?
Well I'm not throwing them away but I will try without them. :) They pads seem like they'd feel a bit squishier without the inserts which is nice.
I already took it out and set it under a coaster to flatten it out. You know I may take back what I said about the velours after just 10 minutes. Getting itchy already. I hate when velours do this. They go on all nice and soft and then 5 minutes later I'm scratching the side of my face and repositioning the cans.
Noticed this just now when I picked up my headphones. Not sure if it's been like this since I bought them last month but I can't seem to get it lie flat. I hadn't taken them off until I took this picture. So I just put the velours on (went on much easier than I was expecting) and I'll worry about this bump later! Velours are comfy. :)  
  This is really what I was wondering. Can they be "blown" so to speak without plugging them into an amp that has been deliberately chosen/configured to do so?
Is it possible to damage these headphones by playing too loud?
  Now this is more like it. Something about the soundstage on this recording makes it sound very between the ears to me though. That sax player looks like Jim from American Pie.   Check this out.  This whole album is one of the best recordings I've ever heard. This particular upload sounds a bit veiled though.   This is good too. http://youtu.be/WCOP7dPlDtw
Because the target market doesn't care or know.
Here's an entertaining article on the subject. Even Snooki has headphones coming out. FRIGGING SNOOKI!
  I'm going to have to have a talk with my mother-in-law about crafting a custom fitted headband. She is a master with the sewing machine and I'm sure we could put something together with about $5 worth of supplies from that Jo'Anns store. I'm thinking basically the same design as the Beyer pad but with a black velour fabric and maybe velcro instead of snaps. She even hand stitched a PSP case for me back in the day that was real nice.