Posts by Unfie

I will use the warranty, but the problem is that I'm leaving for a foreign exchange program on July 31st. I am moving out completely so I would need to have the card sent to one of my relatives so they could send it to me. Oh well, might as well make use of this warranty somehow.
Just when it looked like my freezes were ending, my Fiio X3 froze yesterday while I was listening to it at the gym. I dismissed it as the occasional freeze coming back again so I waited until after the gym to reset it. When I managed to get it working again, my X3 wasn't reading anything from the SD card. I plugged the X3 into the computer, and for a while, it would show up as a removal device that wouldn't let me format on the PC or the X3. I tried plugging into a...
The J3 is discontinued so you can't expect people to talk about it much. I first got it in 2010, and it served me well. I moved on to the Fiio X3. It may be a little buggy, but at least Fiio communicates with the customers.
 That's an issue that I've brought up, and it's actually on the Bugzilla forum. I'm not sure if they'll do something about it, though.
After listening to 3.0 for some time, it confirmed what I said about the veil being gone. I like the sound, but I haven't tried out 2.14 so I don't have as much to whine about. Someone else brought up the category > artist being the same as the browse files option. That needs to be fixed. I can no longer listen to all of the songs by one group/artist at once.   On the upside, the issue with Korean text being displayed as blocks when the language is set to English has...
I figured I'd check out head-fi before taking my X3 and heading to the gym. Luckily, the new FW was out so I loaded it up. The sound quality has definitely changed! It sounds as if the veil has been removed. I'm not sure why the category option doesn't load any files, but it works with the browse option. I'll give more impressions when I get back.   Man...I almost considered selling the X3 too.
I don't know about you guys, but I like to have 20+ tabs open on Chrome for one monitor, a computer game running on the second monitor, and a HD movie running on the third monitor/TV to keep others entertained. The TV plays the movie audio, and I have Foobar configured to run music through my headphone setup. Finally, Folding@Home uses the remaining CPU/GPU power!   It's the only way to justify my 16 GB of ram...yeah, that's it.
 I guess we'll just have to be Joe then.
Oh no, not this again.  I will eventually need a new cable, though. I keep on running over it with my chair.
 That made my day. I didn't know about them. They look so happy in that first video!