or Connect

Posts by Unfie

Assuming this bass change is legit, it's a bit concerning to us bassheads. I personally like where it is more. Heck, I wouldn't mind a little more thump.
Can we get more word from other people about the SQ changes in the new firmware? Inquiring bassheads need to know...
 I haven't tried the AM5, but I was disappointed in the sound from the K5. Sure, the K5 could get loud, but it just sounded...dull. I like the AM2 more than the K5 even though it can't get as loud. AM3 balanced blows the K5 out of the water in sound quality. You can get loud enough on the AM3, so it doesn't even matter that the K5 can go louder. Unless you absolutely need a docking station, I'd say get the AM3 or AM5.
 I've been using the AM3 with HD 650s balanced, and it's impressive how well something this compact/portable can drive high-impedence HPs. You can't expect it to be as good as a Schiit Valhalla or Bottlehead Crack, but it's still pretty good.
 I had an issue with the sound cutting out because the connectors themselves were slightly too long. I fixed it by heating that area to loosen the around the connectors and push it in.
I've been using a balanced silver II cable made by Ted for my X7 -> AM3 -> HD 650 setup. It sounds pretty good for something that can be portable. Can't really provide much feedback other than things sound less muffled. Then again, this could just be the extra juice provided from the balanced setup vs. single ended with the X7.
 Are you getting this problem with the X7 as a regular player or a DAC? Both?
 I got my balanced silver cables for my HD 650 from Headphone Lounge. Even the silver cables are cheaper than the Moon Audio cables.
I got my balanced cable fixed and sent back to me. After trying out the HD 650 balanced with AM3 for a week, I'm pretty content with the sound. This is my first time even using balanced, so I can't really compare it to any other balanced configuration. For the SE input with my UM Pro 50, I think I prefer the AM2 over the AM3, but the AM3 isn't bad either. The UM Pro 50 doesn't require much amplification, so it's mostly a matter of sound signature. When I'm lazy, I just...
I have a silly question: does stuff like Viper4Android only work while using the X7 alone, or does it also work when the X7 is used as a DAC attached to a computer?