or Connect

Posts by umvue

Just got a used LG V10 64GB for US$200. Seems much louder and clearer than my Galaxy S3 i9305.    Need to read the long V10 thread to see if I can learn any tricks from there
Can it be a stuck power button problem? Samsung Galaxy S3 also has bootloop problem caused by a stuck power button. If that's the case, removing the power button can solve the issue. You can boot up the phone by USB connection and then download an app to simulate power button when it is on.
I agree. I think I will stick with LG V10 then. It is the most discussed phone in this forum. I presume I can get better support here with V10. Thanks everyone for your input.
Thanks for your reply. I found Huawei P9 and HTC A9 which seems to have even better audio numbers according to gsmarena and it is only 143g-144g Huawei P9 144g Noise -97.3dB / Crosstalk -96.2dBHTC A9 143g Noise -94.8dB / Crosstalk -94.0dBMeizu Pro 5 168g Noise -93.9dB / Crosstalk -95.7dBLG V10 Noise -93.3dB / Crosstalk -93.0dBSamsung Galaxy S7 152g Noise -92.5dB / Crosstalk -92.7dBHTC 10 161g Noise -90.4dB / Crosstalk -87.3dB
My Galaxy S3 i9305 just got the stuck power button syndrome, so I have to buy a new phone.   After reading the last 50 pages of this thread, I came into the conclusion that LG V10 seems to be the best phone for my price range.    But it is too heavy for me, I would like to have a phone lighter than 150g. Is there a phone with similar audio performance but lighter than 150g?   Thanks a lot in advance.
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8-review-1062p7.php   S4 better sound quality than HTC M8? It seems so just by looking at the numbers   But the written review said M8 is better. Why's that?
Thanks everyone for the input.   Suppose the noise is only a few narrow bumps around certain frequencies, is it possible to filter them out using some software?
I have some poor quality tape recording mp3s. They have background noise that makes them hard to hear clearly about the recorded conversation.    I notice many music player software has equalizer feature that can modify sound. Is it possible to use it to filter out noise? If it is possible, how to do that? If not, is there something else I can try?   Thanks a lot in advance
I do understand the impracticality of using a smartphone to drive HD650. I am just using it as reference to see how loud different smartphones can be. I would like a new phone that is as loud as Galaxy S. If not, then as loud as possible. It is good that now I learned that i9500 is louder than i9505. S3+uNEAK kernel might be even louder still. So is S3+uNEAK the loudest now among the top audio phones?
How about S3/Note 2 + uNEAK kernel? Someone claims that it is powerful enough to drive HD650