Posts by alphaman

Quote: First, see my dedicated thread on this issue. What I haven't yet posted in that thread (but noted above) is that I did finally receive a replacement T51, from HoD, but only after cattle-prodding them with email queries (a few times a week) and then (per their NEW demand) a whopping $18 return S/H (+ "service") PayPal request. I rec'd a "new" unit (no orig. display-case box, default IEMs, etc.) a few days ago. It works for now, but (as I just discovered) does not...
On reliability of this (and T51) device ...  I'm beginning to suspect that the symptomatically-similar "pattern" may be related to a QA/QC (manuf. parlance for "quality assurance" or "quality control") of one of the topological OEM components (e.g., power supply IC, etc.) This would somewhat exonerate Teclast ... I say somewhat because -- given the frequency and adamancy of user complaints either here or other forums/blogs -- I'm sure Teclast is aware of reliability...
Do you have any estimates on your "odometer" with your "golden" unit -- if you still have it (or when you had it) how many total hours of total use?   I don't think the reliability issues are related to how (un)carefully the device is used, other than outright abuse, tho' your putative "minimalist of ways to reduce potential unforeseen 'issues' " I'm sure did not injure the device ;)   As far as "plenty of users not having the same issues w/ hardware [of T51/SFlo2]" ......
a_tumiwa: I did not disassemble my units upon failure, but your symptoms are very similar to my three failed S?Flo2/T-51 DAPs. Any status updates on your unit?  
  s1rrah: If you were not monetarily bribed or under duress (e.g. you or your family held at axepoint by ruffians from Teclast/HoD/Nationite/Mp4Nation ;-) -- then what can one say? Wow! IMO, an "outlier". But what do I know? I agree about caring less for video (or ebook, photo, dictionary) features. I think the upcoming Fiio X3 may be ideal. Hopefully, it's a reliable and durable unit to boot.
-
amb's above reply is from May/30/2006. Class D seems to have evolved somewhat since then. IEEE even gave class D a spot in their top 11 technologies of the decade "award" earlier this year (uh ... #11, FWIW!). Also both the major (U.S-based) print mags, The Absolute Sound and Stereophile, gave the NAD M2 class-D integrated amp very heavy praise. The NAD M2 is, further, a digital class-D amp (note: the "D" in "class D" does not stand for "digital") and  -- FWIW -- can...

The Teclast UI/layout is light-years ahead of anything else I use except , perhaps, the Cowon iAudio U3. Teclast can let the present design/UI persist for a few years ... IMO, they need to invest their effort on device reliability. Which is atrocious to say the least.