Posts by alphaman

At least your unit lasted past the warranty! Are you in Bangalore? If so, take it to the acclaimed IIT (EE dept.). Some youngblood may be able to figure it out, and fix it, for free. It's a compact and fairly complex device, bit IIT labs should have instruments and human-skillsets to tackle the job.   BTW: How many hours/day (week, etc.) did you use it?   
Soundearphones, as of 2 days ago, says they are shipping. Last one to review it is a rotten egg. First one to review is my hero ... albeit one with a lighter wallet/purse ;)
Soundearphones, as of 2 days ago, says they are shipping. Last one to review it is a rotten egg. First one to review is my hero ... albeit one with a lighter wallet/purse ;)
I searched head-fi.org for "HM-602 Stereophile", prior to posting and found no hits ... so no "redundancy", AFAICS ;) I did not exhaustively search this forum, so the same info may be scattered about in a manner not as conveniently self-contained as in the Stereophile article.     The Stereophile Measurements are unique AFAIK.   Also unique are Fang's Manuf. Comments -- possibly the best part of the review article. I generally agree with Fang that there are likely...
Not for print version, which is a bit more exhaustive as it reaches a broader audience and (often) includes Measurements.    
http://www.stereophile.com/content/head-direct-hifiman-hm-602-digital-audio-player   Widely-circulated (and in print since the early 1960s -- FWIW, of course!!), U.S. print magazine, Stereophile, recently reviewed the popular HM-602. (I wonder why didn't they review HM-801? It is priced similar to the budget of their target audience...meaning priced higher.)   The 602 measured very...
Some of you more in-the-know (e.g., industry insiders, etc.) ... correct me if I'm wrong but I think Westone did most of the engineering work on the balanced armature IEM design ... and Shure and (more recently) EarSonics used/adapted that "platform" ... Bottom line: they look (physical appearance) a lot alike and they share a similar technology and more-similar sonic characteristics amongst them ... as opposed to, say, moving-coil-dynamic (Sennheiser IE8) vs. BA ......
My experience with them is complicated. Two S:Flo2 DAPs from them failed, but so did one (T51, same as S:Flo2) from House of DAP (a competitor to MP4Nation). Given this, the OEM product from Teclast is the culprit. I can attest to what spekkio notes in my getting things done with HoD. I had to cattle-prod them to get my RMA unit back. Still, this is better than MP4Nation -- who still, after over 6 mos -- have both my failed RMA'd units. I've been on the Mp4Nation forum to...
As far has better IEMs, I own IE8s (as well as Shure 530s). The IE8 is pretty much a hands-down winner between the two. The IE8s are about 2.5 yrs old now so methinks newer designs may be better. I'm thinking about Earsonics SM3 v2 (have no experience with Earsonics, but they do seem to have quite a reputation) and/or HiFiman RE262. Any IE8 user do a direct compare/contrast with RE262? (P.S. The answer to this query may lie in this forums dense archives, so while I...