Posts by alphaman

... to be cont....   WRT comfort using small stock (Comply-made?) supplied foam tips....   EM3v2  > IE8 > SE530   I was almost totally unaware I had them in.     ... to be cont....  
I'd hate to hijack this thread but is Sony  EX1000 better in every way to FX700. IOW ... EX1000 > FX700 > IE8    
Does your description also include excellent, fast and dynamic transients? Lightning-quick decay, and equally-quick ramp-ups, or acceleration, linear to  the signal. The 'phones should not in any way slow down the audio signal. My reference for fast transients are SE530s and IE8s. The IE8s are very slightly slower (what some confusingly call 'energy' in this forum ;), but excel over the 530s is most other sonic ways (obviously, I'm not including other attributes such as...
Of all the IEMs I've heard, the IE8's are the most refined and delicate. Most of my electronic gear use FETs and JFETs, which soften the treble blow a bit.   Okay, so if your definition of 'energy' is my def. of 'faster', I assume this is what MunkyBalz meant above by "DBA-02 hands down, faster, not even a comparison.  Even the SM3 is faster than the FX700." ?    
  Matter of semantics, I suppose ...    mvw2's interpretation of speed [Well speed alone is a good measure of how clean or blurred an earphone will be when presented with complex information.  A fast earphone will be able to effortlessly present a lot of information, separately, where everything heard is unique in source.]  is -- I suppose -- one potentially valid interpretation of "speed". It's certainly not the first one that comes to my mind. I would call mvw2's...
For the record, I haven't heard FX700 or EX1000.   - The IE8's (and 530) can make one want to dance, jog faster, increase bike cadence,  tap toes. This seems to happen w/o me even thinking about it (i.e, naturally, the sonics draw me in and I find this thrilling and appealing -- this is what good music and good gear are, at the most basic, animalistc level, supposed to do). - The IE8s, additionally, have very good(uncompressed)+fast macro-dynamic range: percussion,...
Are you saying you think SM3s are faster than IE8 or 530? If so, I definitely disagree. And I would not agree with remark about BA being faster than dynamic. Either can be fast, slow or at a continuum in between the two -- it depends on that specific design's implementation (reasons may include: component material, wiring, crossover design (for multi-driver elements), etc.).    I would somewhat agree that the speedier models are thinner sounding. It's almost as if you...
I've been using IE8s for over 2.5 yrs now, almost every day. The small Comply foam sound best for my ears, but they are a HUGE pain to use: (un)install (from nozzle -- see below); replace (cost, hassle of ordering); as well as the pure hassle of molding-and-holding-in-to-expand. On top of that, I snapped off BOTH the IE8's nozzle twist-fitting the tight-ass Complys. (Not a lot folks know that IEx's nozzles are break-seal fitted. But unlike a soda-bottle cap, the Senn's...
... to be continued ...   I just dug out my SE530s. Not a whole lot going for them, but they are faster than SM3s. The 530s are probably as fast as IE8s (maybe faster? shudder!). A good thing. I have upgraded electronics and amps several X since 530s were last in active use --  new gear which undoubtedly works better with the Shures along with all my other cans for that matter --  so perhaps some of my former criticism of 530s were a bit too critical.    The...
Arrg!!!! This forum's Huddler editor is just as bad as its internal SE. For Chrissake ... for all the $$ head-fi pays Huddler, you'd think we'd get something functional. What a way to run a railroad! http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/554628/akg-k3003-high-end-3-way-system-headphone http://eu.akg.com/akg-k3003-eu.htmlhttp://www.headphiles.org/index.php?topic=2763.0