Posts by alphaman

Too lazy to look this up ... but are IE8 and FX700 in the same sonic category (like two 4-door mid-sized sedan autos: like Toyota Camry being better than Hyundai Sonata)? Or are we comparing the proverbial "apples to oranges"?   For me, the IE8s are "ideal" -- WRT freq. balance, dynamics -- but they could sound more refined (better mids, like SM3) and even more quickness (pace, rhythm, better timing) like SE530. I own the SE530s and SM3v2s so can respects their virtues in...
Does  Klipsch have a SMALL double-flange for wide-NOZZLE IEMs (e.g., Senn IEx, other dynamics)? Not much detail (specs) on Klipsch site :-(
May have said this before, but IMO all the stock SM3v2 flanged tips -- silicone? -- stink. They're cheaply made: "hard" enough to be uncomfortable and poor-fitting (molding in canal). Go back and seem my notes on Teclast R8 flanged tips. Dunno about Olives.
Quote: IE8 and biking ... depends on tip. I just got some of the new round Comply foams. They are better than any IE8 stock. But they are so $$, and they don't last long, getting gummed up w/ear-crud even tho' I religiously Q-tip scrape-clean my ears (outer an part-way inner canal) daily! I've recommended the extra double-flange white tips supplied w/the R8 'free' IEMs you get with T51 DAP purchase (from House of DAP). They look very similar to Sensorcom while silicone...
... to be cont....   WRT comfort using small stock (Comply-made?) supplied foam tips....   EM3v2  > IE8 > SE530   I was almost totally unaware I had them in.     ... to be cont....  
I'd hate to hijack this thread but is Sony  EX1000 better in every way to FX700. IOW ... EX1000 > FX700 > IE8    
Does your description also include excellent, fast and dynamic transients? Lightning-quick decay, and equally-quick ramp-ups, or acceleration, linear to  the signal. The 'phones should not in any way slow down the audio signal. My reference for fast transients are SE530s and IE8s. The IE8s are very slightly slower (what some confusingly call 'energy' in this forum ;), but excel over the 530s is most other sonic ways (obviously, I'm not including other attributes such as...
Of all the IEMs I've heard, the IE8's are the most refined and delicate. Most of my electronic gear use FETs and JFETs, which soften the treble blow a bit.   Okay, so if your definition of 'energy' is my def. of 'faster', I assume this is what MunkyBalz meant above by "DBA-02 hands down, faster, not even a comparison.  Even the SM3 is faster than the FX700." ?    
  Matter of semantics, I suppose ...    mvw2's interpretation of speed [Well speed alone is a good measure of how clean or blurred an earphone will be when presented with complex information.  A fast earphone will be able to effortlessly present a lot of information, separately, where everything heard is unique in source.]  is -- I suppose -- one potentially valid interpretation of "speed". It's certainly not the first one that comes to my mind. I would call mvw2's...
For the record, I haven't heard FX700 or EX1000.   - The IE8's (and 530) can make one want to dance, jog faster, increase bike cadence,  tap toes. This seems to happen w/o me even thinking about it (i.e, naturally, the sonics draw me in and I find this thrilling and appealing -- this is what good music and good gear are, at the most basic, animalistc level, supposed to do). - The IE8s, additionally, have very good(uncompressed)+fast macro-dynamic range: percussion,...