Posts by alphaman

On 1/25/12 w357 posted three head-fi.org messages (#1249, #1250 and #1251)... http://www.head-fi.org/t/447479/teclast-t51/1245#post_8090817 with the following images:   1. well-known "Storb modes" based on the AD8397. it will not consider   2. Storb analogue-mode PCB authorship Symmcat     3. [...] previous version of the amplifier, but this time based on opa LT1886-compensated   And then w357 posted this important image...     MONTHS LATER...   On 12/18/12...
I have modded my old T51 a few times and can relate some experience ... Some of Burnwaygta's incorporated mods are good -- like the new dedicated micro headphone amp PCB (but much of that was work was done by other on the player.ru forum long before Burnwaygta incorporated it into "his" mod). I personally use a dedicated (external) headphone amp, which allows MUCH higher audio quality. As far as Burnwaygta's TOTAL mod ... how can one really tell which part of it makes...
The electrical engineers at Teclast (the designers of this device) are aware of the topological (in)abilities of passive components. And they correctly selected decent-quality Chinese-made plastic caps (the stock caps). NP0 ceramics --even by best manuf. -- are not superior. But the bottom line is economics: high-quality NP0 -- as the Murata you've selected -- are as cost-effective as  stock Chinese plastics. Yet the original designers correctly selected plastics. One can...
I'm too lazy to Google these lazy questions about T51 and CK-4   Teclast T51 or Nationite SFlo2: 1. What's the native operating system for T51 (e.g., if Linux, which version)?  [enter answer] 2. What's the native disk file system for T51 (e.g., FAT32, etc.)?  [enter answer]   Colorfly CK4: Same two questions as above. 1. [enter answer] 2. [enter answer]     Thx in advance!!
Haven't went thru this whole thread...  ... anyone do a serious SOUND-QUALITY compare with T51/S:Flo2? My T51 is modded with x3's similar AD8397, but the T51 has two Wolfson WM8740 DACs. That T51 sounds quite a bit better than stock, and I got the AD8397 as a free sample from AD, and I can solder ;) Anyway, the x3 seems to have other things going for it ... like a more-modern (better?) decoder/DSP ... again, I'm only interested in sonics.   How do Fiio devices do...
justin or anyone ... I can't see most of the images from the OP. Can someone pls re-up or correct them? Thx.   About that foam baffle that couples the grouped microdriver set to the nozzle/waveguide...there seems to be some sort of sticky tape. Was this RE-USED for the final assembly. Yes: I'm having a tough time re-sealing that foam baffle to the nozzle! 
Thx for that info...but I want to take the shortest route: re-solder in new cables. I was thinking: cheap (but decent) WalMart IEMs or buds (e.g., Sony) ... snip off the drivers. The only concern is re-assembling the two-piece shell. Not sure what resin or glue held it together. I've read other's post how good a job Shure does with "resining in", and I had to undo much of that during disassembly. Also, and importantly, there is the final acoustic seal ... it seems to be...
Unclear as to why putative lower-quality ceramics are being exchanged for original/stock (which are decent-quality poly/film, albeit low-cost Chinese variety and not Panasonic or WIMA). Or did you o'scope stock vs. NP0 and noted improvements? Also, did you change (tweak) cap values to match replacement OPA, as originals were ideal for OPA2604?
Anyone know  the specific type of stock LPF  caps (in green frame in image below)...     They seem to be decent-quality plastic films (poly). I don't know what brand they are (some generic Chinese brand, I assume), but they look very similar to some high-quality Panasonic caps in my kit.      EDIT: The orig. Teclast sales literature notes: "CBB polypropylene filter capacitor". This seem to be pretty good IME. Modders seem to be replacing with Wima. Yes,...
Well, w357, earlier in this thread posted some very detailed and extensive tips for DIYing this device. The Strob/Hardcorist project is very good, too, and you don't need many special tools to complete a project. You will learn a lot and have much more satisfaction in the end. Of course, everyone has different priorities and time constraints. A word of caution: Like w357 notes, the T51 (and CK4, IME) are cheaply made and fragile. The T51 can be killed by little things...