Posts by alphaman

Yes, that wimpy, slamless bass is an important drawback of the k701/702.    I have not tried any version of the mod yet, but the concept is intriguing. WRT the stock unit, I wonder why incorporate a reflex port when it's to be covered up at the factory? Maybe the designers found an easy way to present two different sonic signatures during the prototype phase ... the no-port version got voted in 51/49 (out of 100) im Wien, Österreich HQ auf Akustische und Kino-Geräte...
You completely missed the boat, dude .... it ain't 'bout "makin' sense" ... it's all about 'sperimentin' and havin' fun ... pushin' the budget stuff as far as it'll go (couplin' it with happenin' PSUs, etc.) ...So an empirical/experimental objective may be: how's she (Miss Budget)  holdin' out -- after all this tweaking -- 'gainst da 'spensive stuff.If yer JUST noticin' the asymmetry of folks pairin' up budget with 'spensive ... get outta the closet ... this practice ain't...
Battery use has pluses ......and drawbacks ... can't supply enough instantaneous current from a chemical reaction ... you can DIY an add-on "capacitor bank".
What, R U kiddin' us??Duuuuuuude ... LOW NOISE is 'xactly what "medical-grade" 'quipment is designed to spec for.EMC & Safety   Emissions FCC class B, CISPR11 class B, EN6100-3-2, -3 Immunity EN61000-4-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -8, -11 Certified by TUV to the following:  cTUVus UL 60601-1 CAN/CSA-22.2 No.601 CB per IEC6061-1 2nd and 3rd Edition CE marked to LVD directive Story tyme boyz and gurlz:When I went to the big H for my last lathro --...
More IMPORTANT suggestions ... don't go cheap on this, folks ... those Petronas and Taipei 101 skyscrapers need $$ to build ...    For improving the Stoner, forget audio supply sources---think INDUSTRIAL or MEDICAL GRADE...they separates the boyz from the menz  john ... " Industrial Grade USB Hubs ([like the $350.00 above] are designed for the harshest environments. They are EMC tested to meet heavy industrial standards. The four port hubs are UL listed for Class 1...
Here's something else those of you with deep pockets [33.11 EUR for 1 pcs] may want to try... USB 2.0 Isolated - Galvanically isolated USB 2.0 Full Speed Adapter from https://electronics-shop.dk/usb-isolator    
Anyone know what the TOTAL power draw is on the UD100/UD110/UD120? A decent metric could be obtained by running music or pink noise at moderate volume, with headphones that work okay the Stoner device. Oh ... you've gotta break the power line ... so get out your X-acto and side-cutter... Do that and we'll get you boyz set up with as DIY power-cleaner splice job ... 
You can DIY clean 5V power injection ... you'll need some simple electronics tools, and of course, an outboard clean (linear) PS...basically, as noted in this blog, you..."...need to remove the dirty '5vdc feed' produced by your PC (on pins 1 & 4 of the type A USB end) and replace it with a more linear 5vdc supply from the source of your choosing.."  Or, you can try cleaning the power in-line by splicing in a filter network...sort of as follows: You can search for more...
 ClieOS:You, dude, seem to know an awful lot about the device ;) Are you the OEM manuf. I queried about a few posts back? Seriously ;)Wait ... Don't tell us ... Stoner's office is in Tower 1 and you are in Tower 2: And gettin' your Petronas paws on the latest UD1xx is just a cantilever walk away ... PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IAC ... I thought you noted way back in Post # 1 of this thread that the UD110 already had the...
What's this thing made of ... chipset, etc.?