Posts by amcananey

We're on post #4,626 in this thread. What is there possibly new to say about the headphones? At least the stickers are something new! ;-)Besides, I find talking about small, inconsequential stickers that most people didn't even notice incredibly funny.
Wait, an authorized retailer claimed that a cheaper competitor was selling fakes? I'm shocked...
 LOL. Too funny...
 Yes, but I'll take them off your hands for $40. You can use the money to buy an authentic pair with shiny stickers...;-)
I don't want to derail this thread again, but... Distinguishing between gray market and authorized imports is important with cameras, because of warranty and repair considerations. The repair facility in Country A will usually refuse to repair cameras that weren't officially imported into that country. The repair facility therefore needs to have a way to distinguish between officially imported cameras and gray market imports. If you buy a gray market import, it may be...
Agreed. Also, did I mention the HD600s are awesome?
Actually, that IS the point, for all the reasons I've stated above. If I can't tell whether the sticker is authentic or not at the moment I hand over my money, then the sticker is pointless, UNLESS it is being used to determine if products are eligible for manufacturer service. The goal is not to prove authenticity in the abstract. In theory, the goal is to keep people from buying fake products (where Sennheiser doesn't make any money), so that they will search out...
Well... 1. Those stickers cost $0.06 each. It's for a lot of 1,000 stickers. I could have easily sent a link to a lot of 100 instead. For a pair of headphones that retails for $300-400, six cents isn't much. And I'm sure you could get those stickers much, much cheaper if buying them in China. Printing holograms really isn't that expensive. You could probably get down around a penny a sticker. 2. Those aren't Sennheiser stickers, they're just generic "security" hologram...
 Yup, exactly. I think this is just a marketing thing. It makes them seem exclusive. The funny thing about it is that some people who have the stickers are actually annoyed by them and looking to remove them! LOL....
Look what I just found: http://www.amazon.com/Security-Hologram-Stickers-Consecutive-Authentication/dp/B002KHVHK8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1380836250&sr=8-4&keywords=holographic+stickers