Posts by amcananey

I have heard and owned electrostats, planar magnetic and dynamic headphones. The HD800s are still the best I've heard. The HE-6 come in second. I'd say it's less about the technology, and more about how it is implemented. Best regards, Adam
 Well, TECHNICALY, they cost more. So there's that...
skeptic, you said it even better than I did...
I like the HD25s. Very practical. And I have long thought that Beyer had the best basic frame design. Very robust and comfortable. But I found the DT770 a bit...I don't know. Flimsy, somehow, I guess. And I hated the DT880s. My favorite Beyers are the DT990s. The semi-open design adds some visual interest and also results in a very good sounding headphone. For the old-school headphone look, I find Grados tough to beat. In particular, I had a pair of Alessandro MS-2s that...
You're right, the HD800s are even uglier. (Seriously, what is with Sennheiser and ugly flagships?!?!?) But it could be three times as ugly and I still wouldn't care. I love the way they (and the HD600s) sound. Like I always say, my eyes can't see my ears, so what do I care? ;-)
I love my HD600s, but I consider them ugly as sin. Both the HD580s and the HD650s look better...
FWIW, I just want to mention that -- while I totally get why people do this, and I am as guilty as anyone else (I have two GEC brown base 6AS7Gs, five 5998s, two Bendix 6080s with graphite plates, etc.) -- it is completely and utterly unnecessary and (I would argue) a waste of money. We are guilty of our own obesessions, and I don't want to keep anyone from tube-rolling to their heart's delight, but I don't want anyone considering the Crack to get the misguided notion that...
p.s. yes, I saw your footnote. ;-)
OH DEAR GAWD!!!! PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE, ANYTHING......ANYTHING......BUT THE STICKER! You would have been better off sticking the knife through the driver than flicking the sticker into the toaster! I'm so upset that, even though it is 4:30am and I am still at work, I know for certain that I won't be able to sleep when I finally get home. I'll be tossing and turning all night, thinking about the horror....
No, which is what makes all of this so amusing...