Posts by amcananey

I gave up on the idea of trying the Vincent.  In order to do that, I'd have to pull it out of the rack, disconnect my speakers, attach the HE-6s, listen, then reverse the process. More importantly, since I would have to do this every time I wanted to listen to the HE-6s (assuming I didn't also want to listen to my speakers each time - LOL), I decided it was a pointless experiment.   Besides, what if I slipped and accidentally nudged the volume control too far? If the...
I'd like to trade for a pair of Sennheiser HD 25-1 IIs. I have the following gear available for trade and, depending on what gear is involved, we can also work out cash going in either direction, as appropriate:   - Beyerdynamic DT990 (600 Ohms)* - Shure SE215 (clear)* - Shure SRH840* - Dunu Trident IEMs* - Meier Audio Corda Headamp-1 (with 4 levels of crossfeed and dual high/low impedance headphone jacks)* - Objective 2 / O2 portable amp - Woo Audio...
"That's all well and good in practice, Mr. McAnaney, but how does it hold up in theory?"   --------------------------------------------   Prior to receiving my HE-6s, I was concerned about my ability to drive them adequately with my current gear, given all the hype on Head-Fi about how hard they are to drive [Side note #1: Why does everyone on Head-Fi feel compelled these days to brag about how hard their headphones are to drive, like it's some sort of macho...
"That's all well and good in practice, Mr. McAnaney, but how does it hold up in theory?"   --------------------------------------------   Prior to receiving my HE-6s, I was concerned about my ability to drive them adequately with my current gear, given all the hype on Head-Fi about how hard they are to drive [Side note #1: Why does everyone on Head-Fi feel compelled these days to brag about how hard their headphones are to drive, like it's some sort of macho...
I was responding to both your point (on imaging), and that of Misterrogers (he commented on the bass).   For starters, I completely agree with you about the LCD-2s, which don't strike me as anything special considering their price.   But I couldn't disagree more about the HD800s. I find their resolution, purity of tone, sound cohesion and imaging to be 2nd to none. But everyone looks for different things in their music. I think the HE-500s and HE-6s come close on...
Couldn't disagree more, but to each his own...   As for bass, I agree, but bass no longer has the impact or wow factor that it once had, whereas the HD800s startle me each time I put them on with their imaging. They bring something unique and new to my music, whereas bass impact is relatively easy to come by.   Best regards, Adam
Here is what I wrote in the other thread:   "I had that problem with both my HE-400s and my HE-500s. In short, the same answer held true: they sounded thick, slow and muddy out of tube amps (WA6, SinglePower MPX3, Eddie Current Laconic EC-01) and good (for the HE-400) or wonderful (for the HE-500) out of solid state amps. My favorite amp for my HE-500s is my Neco Soundlab PORTABLE amp. Crazy? Sure, but I know what I hear. I've recommended the Neco to two others for...
I've got 2 Pure i20 / i-20 docks and could use a third. Please send me a PM with the description of yours' condition and your asking price.   Thanks, Adam
Get a NuForce uDAC-2 or a Fiio E7. Between the two, I prefer the uDAC-2, but the Fiio is more multifunctional, better for portable use and more common used.