or Connect

Posts by amcananey

The Neco that I had worked with anything I threw at it.   Unless I'm mistaken, both the O2 and the v.2 Neco amp will keep charging the batteries until you unplug the charger. I don't think it is necessarily dangerous, but it will reduce the battery life over time. I suspect that is one of the reasons for the poor battery life in the O2. Either you are conservative and wind up unplugging the amp before the batteries are fully charged, or you forget you have it plugged...
Heh, heh. I know what FlySweep is going to write...   imackler, I've expressed my opinion to you privately, but for the benefit of others...   Let me start by saying that I like the O2 very much. I think its a great amp, very neutral, plenty of power, decent build quality, good price. But in comparison to Neco's amps:   Problems with the O2 1. Sound quality lags behind the Neco, which is just phenomenal in terms of sound quality. My old Neco portable (the...
Just one quick observation: the first two are tube amps, the last is solid state. I've said above that I think the HE-6s do better with solid state. My Eddie Current Laconic EC-01 seems to be a bit of an exception, but I think that is because it uses some unusually high-current tubes.
Sold.
No, I get that those were examples. But my point was that if you start with a large enough number for the power requirements for the LCD-2s, then of course you will always come out with a supposed multiple-watt number for the HE-6 power requirements. If you assume that the LCD-2s only require 100 mW, then you get a result that the HE-6s only need 800 mW. I was trying to point out that your assumption determines your conclusion.   You're right, I don't know how much...
Musicman59, First, let me make very clear that I am not questioning what you said about the HE-6 sounding better out of the T50 and DS than out of the V200. If anything, your statement that the HE-6s still sound good (just not as good) out of the V200 supports what I have been saying. But I do want to challenge the first part of your post, leading to your 4W number. I'm not challenging it just for the fun of it, but just because it doesnt match my real-world experience....
I bought a pair of Grado GR10s from HeadRoom. They arrived last night, but I I decided I would rather have a pair of Westone 3s, which I just bought, so these are up for sale. They are in like-new/open-box condition and obviously come with box, accessories, etc. Pictures available upon request, but basically these just look a lot like GR10s...   Check my feedback...I'm just too lazy to take pictures.   Price is via PayPal gift and includes domestic shipping. I'm...
Thank you. A voice of reason in the wilderness.
I just got the GR10s today from HeadRoom, but I think I'd like to try a pair of Westone 3s instead. Contact me if you're interested. I'll also consider UM3Xs. Best regards, Adam
 Why? Because if I try the Vincent, then my HE-6s will suddenly stop performing well with my other amps?   Again, I'm not claiming my amps (putting aside the Vincent) are the best possible amps for the HE-6s. I'm just claiming that they do a more than adequate job of driving them. If my HE-6s with my existing amps perform at a level that is comparable to my HD800s, HE-500s, LCD-2s and recently sold T1s, then my existing amps can't be woefully underpowered.   How do you...