Posts by amcananey

1. I had a Burson HA-160D. After lots of A-B testing, I sold the Burson. And bought another Neco. No, I'm not exaggerating, nor was that a crazy decision. Look at my profile for my gear. Neco's amps are the real deal.2. I've used my Neco v3 with my LCD-2s, my HE-500s and yes, even my HE-6s. As you might expect, the HE-6 isn't an ideal pairing, but not terrible, either. But the HE-6 is an extreme case.
Wallace: Unless you have a use for two amps, cancel the O2. Don't get me wrong, the O2 is an excellent amp. But the Neco is better and I really don't see any reason to buy the O2 if you already have the Neco. In case you're wondering, I used to have an O2. I used it in parallel with my older Neco amp for a while, but it just became clear that the O2 lagged the Neco slightly, so I sold the O2 and bought a v3 Neco.   Brainfood: My v3 Neco is usable even with IEMs. And...
Traded!
Up for sale are a pair of clear Shure SE215 IEMs with box, carrying case, cleaning tool, tips, etc. These are in mint condition and have been used for less than 2 hours. I can also provide original purchase receipt for warranty purposes.   Price includes shipping in the U.S. with tracking. I'm willing to ship outside the U.S. and to help with potential customs issues, but buyer must pay for shipping and any insurance that is desired. Payment is via PayPal gift,...
Up for sale are a pair of Sennheiser IE8 IEMs with box, cleaning tool, bass adjustment tool and a boatload of tips. Everything is in excellent condition. I understand that there are some counterfeit IE8s floating around -- I'm convinced these are legitimate and I'm willing to back it up. After you receive these, I'll give you one day to inspect them and try them out. If you think they're fake, send them back to me and I'll refund your money less my shipping...
Up for sale is a pair of Thunderpants in African Blackwood. The cups on these are just absolutely, amazingly beautiful. I almost want to keep these just to ogle them every once in a while. They sound great, but I already have too many cans and need to slim down my collection, so these are up for sale. Price includes shipping in the U.S. I'm willing to ship outside the U.S. and to help with potential customs issues, but buyer must pay for shipping.   I took these...
Interesting. 85dB SPL is apparently already loud enough that long-term exposure (i.e., over 8 hours) can cause hearing damage (see here and here). So in order to reach 90dB SPL the HE-6 requires less than 20mW. To put this in perspective, 2 Watts is 100x as much power, 4 Watts is 200x and 6 Watts is 300x.
I know. I also know they want $11 for shipping.
I received the e-mail below from a friend who recently purchased one of Neco's v.3 amps and who has a nice collection of high-end gear:   "What a marvellous little device. It works supremely well with my Halide DAC, and with the PS500's I just keep listening and listening. I am astonished at how well it handles the Sennheisers. And it gets better after burn in! Looks like I'm good to go with my portable rig."
OK, maybe I'm wrong. My experiences with my EC-01 have me wondering anyway. I suspect that ultimately all of this stuff is just very amp dependant anyway, rather than being drive by any technical specifications (including power output). Rejoice wherever you find synergies.