Posts by amcananey

OK, I'll bite...LugBug1, what the heck is that picture from?
That's true of OTL (output transformerless) tube amps such as the Bottlehead Crack. WOT (with output transformer) amps like the S.E.X. can work very well with low-impedance headphones. The S.E.X. output transformer can be hard-wired for 4, 8, 16 or 32 Ohms. There is also an impedance switch available that lets you switch between those four output impedance settings. The switch doesn't make the lower output impedance possible, it just lets you change between various...
How sensitive are your speakers?
The Ultrasone Signature Pro is, by far, the best closed back can I've heard. It gets very close to HD800 performance. But it obviously costs more than your budget. The V-Moda M100s are great cans, especially for the price, but they have a very different sound signature to the HD600s, with emphasized bass. I think the closest match is probably the Shure SRH840s, which also offer excellent value, leak less sound than just about every other can I've ever tried, and are...
1. What is your source?2. Do you ever use your source with anything other than the Crack?3. Do you ever forget to turn off your source, or is it just the Crack you forget to turn off?
 Oh, gawd. I love it (the wordplay, not the other thing...).
You could always use these (wired in parallel), but even I ruled them out as too ugly...
See here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ICAR-LNF-P3B-200-30-CAPACITOR-200uF-10-Un-420V-Urms-300VAC-420VDC-/230968898220?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c6d1b2ac
The ones I installed were $10 each. Bought them off ebay.
That's awesome. Too funny....