Posts by amcananey

Nobody needs 192kHz. Can you name 10 albums that you would actually want to listen to that are available in a format over 96/24?
As President of The Ugly Crack Guild, I would remind you that pretty isn't the only way to go... ;-)
 You won't get any argument out of me on that front, and it is something I have said many times in this thread. The HD600s sound good out of just about anything, but I do find that they sound particularly good with the Crack.I'm reminded of a discussion I had a while back with someone about the Denon D5000s. He said, "The D5000s are terrible. They have tons of chamber resonance, a wonky sound signature and they bear no resemblance to neutrality."My response was: The D5000s...
Look, I'm not saying that damping is BS. I'm not saying that good engineering practices are BS. I'm not saying that scientific measurements are BS. Nor am I saying that I have golden ears or that I would generally survive a double-blind test of much of my gear. But if there is anything in this hobby that I am confident in, after trying dozens and dozens of amps and headphones, it is that the HD600 and Crack are an outstanding combination, fully the equal (in terms of...
Yes. Sort of. Use these: http://www.amazon.com/Harrison-Labs-Line-Level-Attenuator/dp/B0006N41B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383060429&sr=8-1&keywords=harrison+labs+12db+attenuators Don't bother going for anything less than 12dB, you won't notice the difference.
So.... I got to work before 8:30am this morning. It is almost 2am and I'll be here for at least two more hours. I was getting slightly drowsy, so I slipped on my HD600s that I keep at work and fired up Hem's album "Departure and Farewell". Wow...chills down my spine. I'm awake again! I love the HD600s and always will. Back to work...
 Is the pope Catholic?
1. $279 2. Big improvement. Not because the O2 is a bad amp (far from it), but because the HD600s just really do best with OTL tube amps in general, and the Bottlehead Crack in particular.  Best regards,Adam
Calvin Klein underwear, on the other hand, is a major turn-on. Especially if she thinks you're Calvin Klein...
 Yes, but it turns out she was my mother.[Please tell me everyone is getting the BTTF references, otherwise I will sound like a complete perv...]