or Connect

Posts by olegausany

I also was tempted by irDac and seeing to little reviews but seeing that Whathifi said it Dac of a year and knowing that I can easily send it back to Amazon I finally pulled the trigger. When I got and connected it and started listening I noticed that music sounds differently for me than with any other dac I had. Unfortunately I can't write review like many well known members here but I feel that it most neutral dac I had and I had blackest backgrounds if I understand this...
If funds permit get yourself a UK Dac Arcam irDac which is ever better than Bifrost Uber
It all depends on ones hearing. I also had Crack with Speedball (bought one from the member who sold it as soon he tested that build works properly) and tried different tubes and while difference sometimes very little and sometimes more noticeable I still heard enough to say that I prefer Sylvania 5814A over GE 5814A when paired with 5998 and but I prefer either 5814As over RCA Clear Top. On the other side I bought famous GEC 6AS7 brown base from another member who spent...
Sony MDR 7520 are totally different headphones. I wish I could have headphones which sound like 7520 but have isolation of Alpha Dogs. Right now I'm using 7520 as portable driven by RWAK100.I will attend NYC meet next Saturday so will try to compare 7520 with MDP
You can start with Bifrost Uber or DacMagic Plus
You can get one already assembled in for sale forum right now but be aware that it suitable for high impedance headphones only (250 ohm and up) such as HD650, HD800, T1 and DT770/880/990 (250 and 600 ohm versions)
Finally found out that I will be able to show up. Will bring HD800 with Moon Audio Blue Dragon as well as Q-Audio French Silk cables (they also compatible with Audeze headphones since they use 4 pin mini XLR connectors) and Sony 7520 plus RWAK100 which in my opinion has just enough power to drive Alpha Dogs
Just be aware that you will be double amping unless your integrated can act as power amp only driving your speakers
I heard both and while HP50 a lighter but Alpha Dogs have more balanced sound when driven by RWAK100 with boost off. I also had to use felt disk from treats kit to get sound I'm looking for