or Connect

Posts by olegausany

LCD4 definitely not worth their price since they still heavy like hell as any previous model. At the RMAF/Canjam I asked them why they can't reduce weight since it's major complain and was told the only way to reduce weight at this time is to have less magnets (LCD4 uses 16) but it will reduce efficiency significantly and they can't let it happen
A couple of hours ago I had a chance to compare ether versus Hifiman HE-X using Moon HA430 amp/dac. HE-X had deep punchy bass with plenty of impact /slam but different mids and treble presentation so could be tough competition if they decide to have 1800 price they mentioned but I definitely can't understand why anyone would pay 3k for HE1K
So what sound difference it makes?
Last weekend I attended RMAF/Canjam (my first one and now unexpectedly planning to attend next year too) so I can try some new and some current headphones to decide if I need to get complement or replacement of my modded HD800. My main contender was open Ether but I was also interested in trying HE1K on some other amps then Hifiman uses so on my way to Dan's booth I ran into Cavali Audio booth and was greeted by very friendly Alex Cavali and found out that he has both...
So I'm back to New York City and while at work finally have some time to write my impressions I only spent part of the first day at Canjam ,my first one by the way, since I was interested In some headphones only and have no interest in IEMs. First I stopped by Beyerdynamic in order to try new T1 version and I really like it but since it's soundstage is not as wide as HD800 (which is well known fact) so I didn't spend much time with them. Next I stopped by Audeze so I can...
Old version isn't compatible with Windows 10. You should email Darin instead of posting here
I attended RMAF and have tried Ether (before I bought them) with Crimson again since it is my reference amp, Gold and after being encouraged by Alex himself with Carbon. I also have tried HE1K but have no idea why should I spend twice more for them over the Ether
Very sorry but while I do love tubes I would rather buy Crimson or Gold over Glass
Very sorry for interrupting but I have no problem using DUM cable
Then wait for new Alex Cavali portable amp and hope that it will be cheaper than Carbon