Posts by Dynamic74

The headphone out of the YDA-02 is not too bad sounding but a tad thin. Since the YDA-02 is solid state, it sounded not as lush and full as the the HA-02 which IMO is also better in tonality. Somehow the YDA-02 retained the midrange emphasis and pleasant sound signature of other Yamamoto products.  The thin sound can somewhat be improved by upgrading the usb power supply to an external power adapter.    YDA-02 drives the ATH-W3000 pretty loud when the volume marker is at...
Thank you for your comments. The Yammy is indeed quite cost effective and good for price. Its performance is quite good too. In terms of details retrieval, I find that it is better than my Burson HA-160. It pairs well with my ATH Woodies and Ultrasones pretty well. Both the Yammy DAC and headamp have the same signature sound, which can be described as tubey, with a warm and lush midrange and slightly rolled off highs and lows. The whole setup has a pretty enjoyable sound...
You can try the Audio Technica AT-HPS550 which is recently released. Here is the japanese weblink --> http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/hp/at-hps550.html. It looks quite elegant and suitable for woodies. Have a nice day ahead!
Thank you for your comments! This setup sounds rather good too. Over the past few hours, the bass has firmed up but I think the treble could still be improved further. The funny thing is that all the wooden trimmings are different. The HA-02 looks reddish just like the old W1000 and the YDA-02 looks yellowish, quite like the W1000X and the W3000ANV looks glossy dark brown, quite similar to the other older laqquer units such as the W2002, ESW10JPN etc. Have a pleasant day...
Serial No. 1198 signing in... Just got it this evening and enjoying it. At the moment, the speed is there, the bass is a little soft and the treble is a little too hot. A little burn-in will help. Here are some pictures of the unboxing process     The Red Box     The Handsome pair of headphones : ATH-W3000ANV     My current setup : ATH-W3000ANV with Yamamoto YDA-02 DAC and Yamamoto HA-02 Headphone Amplifier.   Have a nice day ahead!
I find that the Yamamoto YDA-02 (YDA-02) has a strange way of configuring the volume knob. The volume knob affects both the headphone output as well as the analog RCA outputs. When using the analog RCA output, it is necessary to turn the volume knob to maximum to get the full 2.0 Vrms output. But when using the headphone output, it is important to turn down the volume knob, otherwise it will be often way too loud.   After a few hours of listening, the general sound...
I have just purchased the Yamamoto YDA-02. I just wrote a short introduction in another link -> http://www.head-fi.org/t/598358/new-yamamoto-yda-02-usb-dac. It is pretty good with regards to its price. Have a nice day ahead!
My Yamamoto YDA-02 arrived at Friday evening. Took them only five days from payment to delivery at doorstep. Unfortunately, I was not at home during the delivery and I collected the parcel the following day.     The package fresh from Ono City, Hiyogo, Japan. It seems that Shigeki Yamamoto sent out the package by himself.     Opening the outer package, revealed a small box within, all wrapped up with two layers of bubble wrap.     The inner box...
From the specs, it will be more suitable to power up an IEM rather than a full-sized headphone. It does look good though, especially the ebony volume knob and cherry wood sides. Pity it does not do conversion above 96 kHz. I have one on order and will try it out once it arrives. Have a pleasant day ahead!
Yamamoto has just released a USB DAC, the YDA-02. It is a USB-only DAC which cost 28,000 Yen which is around US$350. It does not seem to have a SPDIF digital input. You can check this link for more information -> http://www2.117.ne.jp/~y-s/YDA-02-E.html. Have a nice day ahead!