Posts by Lan647

Intrigued by this. However, I hope what we've seen on pictures doesn't reflect the production model. While I like the overall aesthetic, it needs some refinement for sure to earn a price like that. 
Not to make this thread a discussion about looks (god forbid) but I kind of like how the Lambdas look. There is a charm to the aesthetics and the plastic construction is quite solid actually, it can take a hit. The sigmas though, basically look and feel like plastic toys.    The SR-009 may be the most impressive headphone construction I've ever come in contact with though. Gorgeous, precision cut metal assembly with beautiful chamfering and combined with the detail of...
I may be wrong here, but from my memory the 507 is more aggressive sounding than the 407. They have the same drivers but the 507 uses different earpads (always makes a difference to some degree), headband arc and cable.    Anyways, I have a 407 and it's a nice headphone for sure. Compared to the 009 it's a tad less refined with less extended and controlled bass and it's a bit brighter up top. The 009 also sounds bigger with more precise imaging. But overall, quite...
Great! I'm actually considering a KGSSHV myself, just waiting to start working so the $$$ fill up. I have a 009 on loan and it would sure be nice to spend some time with the combo.
 You speak almost as if your word is law and you have a stone table to prove it Comparing measurement data rarely tells the whole story in my experience, that I included them earlier was really just to give a visual representation of the difference between the 007s. It is true though that the 009 indeed has a slight upper hand on paper. They appear much more similar to me though on paper than they are in practice. And Innerfidelity doesn't have data of the earlier mk1s...
Sorry, I think I should have pointed out that my comparisons were done using another rig at a friend's place. He has an extensively modified 007TII with lots of parts switched out in favor of expensive, premium ones and it drives two 007s with serious authority. I have NOT however heard the 007s or 009s out of a KGSSHV or BHSE, but in my experience the 007 scales just as well and the 009 never changes to the (imo) superior tonal signature and musical satisfaction of the...
If I'm not mistaken, the silver/black mk2 is the SZ2 and the all-black international model is the SZ3. I'll copy a few lines from an Innerfidelity review here: SR-007 Mk1 early version - different driver frame plus some minor material changes, older style carbon fiber box. SR-007 Mk1 late version - the version tested here and the most common of the Mk1's, S/N either 7xxxx or SZ1-xxxx SR-007A/SR-007Mk2 - S/N SZ2-xxxx, Stax change the earpads, how they sit and introduce a...
 You can clearly hear the difference in both bass extension and bass definition, at least I did. As you can see on the graphs I think it's very obvious that the mk2 has a roll-off. What the graph doesn't show so well is that you also get a noticeable mid-bass hump with the mk2s instead of a flat, sub-extended bass response. If you don't like what I'm trying to bring forth here then that's up to you. But you shouldn't go against it just on speculation alone, especially...
There is obviously some confusion here and I'm going to clear it out right now. No, it's not as simple as the mk2s being more modern, more accessible and more reliable. Both of the mk2 models (SZ2, SZ3 = mk2, mk2,5 = japanese black/silver and international all black) have a sub-par bass response by highend standards unless you plug the ports. This is a very audible and very measurable fact. See below. Now, if you are willing to do the basic modification of plugging...
With all due respect, the mk2,5 doesn't sound at all like any of the mk1s. Like I said, it's much more forward.I like the mk1s more, but I like the mk2,5 as well. It's a fun listen, kind of an O2 with a Grado twist. Mk1 is certainly a more "proper" sounding headphone though.