or Connect

Posts by Lan647

What roll off? I didn't hear any hiss by the way. 
Measurements aren't there to tell you what you like and not like. But measurements can be very helpful, can serve as a somewhat objective complement to how we hear things and can provide a good understanding of why a headphone sounds the way it does. Due to natural limitations with measurements (all our ears being different to the measurement equipment, different equipment being used for measuring and for playback and many others) they will never be absolute. BUT they are...
 Well... that didn't help... 
Very much agree with these statements. Big like! 
A genuine and great sounding pair of IEM:s that unfortunately do not fit in my ears very well. For this reason alone, I'm parting with them. Regrettably so, as I really haven't heard anything better for portable use.  The earphones themselves are in pristine, like-new condition. Slight signs of wear on the cable entry and the wallet case, but no real damage. They were bought in may 2015 by an authorized dealer here in Sweden and I am the first owner. If you are still...
I never claimed how measurements are the only thing that matters, but I did say they do not lie. :) I'm not qualified to make an in-depth statement of how the measured data corresponds directly to perceived sonic performance. But if there is a problem with a headphone, in all cases in my experience you can track it down to some kind of anomaly in the measurement data. While I rarely put so much spotlight onto measurements to support my arguments, in this case I think the...
I got em too and I agree. Absolutely no problem with tips falling off of the earphones (rather, they fit almost too snuggly) and now they finally stay in my ears, which they never did using any of the supplied tips. But unfortunately sound is indeed degraded, there is some weird muffling in the treble going on that makes me want to stop listening.  So unfortunately, the comply tips are not an ideal solution to the IE800's fit issues. 
The Abyss certainly has its strengths (impact, dynamism) but the treble disrupts the coherency of the sound, and the comfort/build is absolutely awful for a $5000 headphone. Hard, stiff, heavy and just an abomination to wear. But I can certainly understand why some like it, it is a unique sound in several ways. BUT this Pioneer bullcrap, I don't understand how one can like. It's absolute garbage and I must say, if you think that's the optimal representation of music, you...

Didn't know comply had tips specifically for the IE800s, thanks! May check em out.