Posts by Lan647

Edit: Never mind
Glad to hear I'm not the only one Well at least this one looks more serious... and has RCA outputs
I'm confused. Shouldn't this DAC be a bigger improvement of the Explorer? Of course, found the Explorer to be a marginal improvement driving headphones over just plugging them into my iPhone.   I believe that a good DAC is a good DAC, but still I can't help wanting more. Using STAX SR-009 with SRM-006TS amp so resolving capabilities should be no concern...
Just got one of these! The improvement is marginal (probably couldn't tell a different in a blind-test) over the Explorer, but hey I got it for a nice discount and I wanted a "proper" desktop DAC for my STAX rig.  A question to magical USB-non believers; Would you say it's better to run the DAC through the wall wart and SPDIF or through some kind of USB power supply rather than straight from the computer? I don't believe in differentiating USB cables for audio, but since...
Guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.
The 007 is certainly superior to me. It's pure, ultra-transparent and doesn't mask anything in the music. Neither does it emphasis anything to give the impression of greater clarity. While the added treble presence and leaner bass of the 009 may make it seem more neutral and detailed to some ears, that's not what I've found. To my ears, instruments like violins and trumpets sound beautifully organic through the 007 while it still sounds like a really, really good recording...
I've had a similar experience. As nice and inviting as orthos can be, they are no match for a STAX (that includes even the lower-end lambdas) when it comes to refinement and delicacy in the treble. If you go up to the 007 or 009, they will give the orthos a pretty good fight when it comes to bass response as well. While the good orthos can still sound heavier and more impactful, you get superior bass texture with the 007 and 009.So what I'm really trying to say here is...
Anaxilus*
Definitely excited about the new models. But I'm not a fan of that earcup wood veneer. It doesn't go well with the new design.
To which version of Megatron are you referring?(Sorry, couldn't resist )