Posts by Lan647

Thanks! Yes I was indeed referring to the HeadAmp KGSS.
What differentiates the KGSSHV from the KGSS?
I've tried many STAXes but most only briefly, so I can't give any certain recommendations. Most sound fantastic, some are a bit bright. A tip is to ask here which way to go.If you want to stay simple and and stick to your Mjolnir as an amp, the T1 is pretty good from what I recall. Though I do remember them as a little bright up top, they have a very nice tonality overall.  
How about a used STAX system? IMHO, the Audeze's sound far better than both the T1 and the HD 800. Electrostats is a good choice if you seek something similarly capable but tonally different. 
 That would be my guess.
Almost. I believe it was an iPod Touch at the Apple Store, running 256 kbit files. But then again, my pair sounded that way too and I used that from the same source (iphone 5) as with the better sounding pair. 
Want to know something weird? I tried my friend's Momentum and it sounded fantastic. Actually better than the P7 in my opinion, with tighter bass and better balance throughout the midrange. Good treble presence too, very natural. Not quite the detail of the P7 but overall it really surprised me. Then I tried another Momentum in the Apple Store very recently and it was the same ol' Momentum sound I remembered from my pair. Quite veiled sounding and a bit loose in the...
 Sure thing, slick. 
How does the T51p compare to the P7s? I like my B&Ws but I long for tighter bass and more midrange quantity. 
Definitely an interesting comparison. I've owned the HD 800 but only auditioned the K812 and comparing it to the HD 800. I concluded that both have a very large, open and airy sound (the HD 800 sounding the biggest) with great dynamics and clarity. The 812 is certainly the more musically involving headphone, though. It's got a little bit more bass presence and punch to it and is also livelier up top. However, it's not quite as refined sounding as the HD 800. I heard vocals...