Posts by ljperez84

Thanks for the answer! Sounds tempting. Taking the Vali 2 as preamp out of the equation, how would you rate both valhalla 2 single ended vs Jot balanced? (ie from 1 to 10). Versatility would be a good value, right now I just keep the Audio GD Fun arround to amp my Grados. I wish it was easier to trade gear here in Mexico. All my purchases are blind and the resale market is quite small.
 I agree, the synergy it's superb! But I recently updgraded my DAC to mimby (huge improvement coming from an audio GD Fun) and I was wondering if I can do significantly better with another amp.  Didn't find any, but looking at your amps... have you tried the Jotunheim with the HD650 Balanced? If so, how would you describe it?
Resurrecting an old thread...   I bought my Valhalla 1 about 3 weeks before Valhalla 2 was launched....   Would you consider the Valhalla 2 an upgrade over the original ?   If not, would you consider Lyr 2 a worthy upgrade for the HD650? Which version, the one with tubes? Hybrid?
So, I'm decided to try the DFR for my office rig which right know is just HD598 SE and a macbook air. I'm thinking if the DFR is not going to be a little bit overkill for these CANs?   The other option I'm thinking about is to do some swapping with the RIG at home which is:   Grado SR225i (used 10% of the time) Sennheiser HD650 (Used 90% of the time)   Audio GD Fun (WM8740) as DAC Schiit Valhalla (V1) as AMP for the Senns, The FUN is also used as pre-amp Grados...
Hi Guys,   Selling my T70s at a great price. They're in mint condition and in their original box.   I'm selling them because there's a wedding on the horizon and I could use the cash.       I'm in Mexico and will ship anywhere in the world. Here are the shipping costs:   $32 USA $47 Canada $60 Europe / South America $69 Asia   This is the cheapest service I found that provides a tracking...
Oh ****** me! I just bought my valhalla a month ago!
+1 . And this would be the bare minimum acceptable, trust me. I drove my HD650 for about 3 years from an audio gd fun, I just upgraded to a schiit valhalla and it's like a night and day comparison.
+1 on the Grado's and SS amps. I've always wanted to try some TTVJ Flats. But last I looked they were about 35 + shipping. Pricey for what they're aren't they? interesting to see the different opinions on the DF and Grado's match. IMO the Grado's really need a SS amp to shine. I never got good results connecting them to any phone, tablet or laptop jack.
If I'm not mistaken the Little Dot Mk 4 and Mk 4 SE are the ones on the same league that the Valhalla. Can't tell about the differences since I've never heard a little dot amp. What cans are you planning to use? Both Valhalla and LD MK IV are aimed to high impedance cans. An all-in-one solution would be something hybrid like the Schiit Lyr . Vali is also hybrid but it's on a totally different league, and changing the tubes when they die will be a PITA, IMHO. From what I...
Hi guys,   Has any of you tried using a preamp with the valhalla? whay is your experience?   for digital sources I'm planning to use   Source -> Audio GD fun (as dac & SS preamp) -> Valhalla -> Cans   and for the TT either   a) TT -> DJPREII (phono amp) ->  Audio GD Fun (as SS preamp) -> Valhalla -> Cans   or   b) TT -> DJPREII (phono amp)  -> Valhalla -> Cans   I'm wondering if a) is not too long?   One of the advantages of going with a) is that I could...