Posts by ljperez84

Oh ****** me! I just bought my valhalla a month ago!
+1 . And this would be the bare minimum acceptable, trust me. I drove my HD650 for about 3 years from an audio gd fun, I just upgraded to a schiit valhalla and it's like a night and day comparison.
+1 on the Grado's and SS amps. I've always wanted to try some TTVJ Flats. But last I looked they were about 35 + shipping. Pricey for what they're aren't they? interesting to see the different opinions on the DF and Grado's match. IMO the Grado's really need a SS amp to shine. I never got good results connecting them to any phone, tablet or laptop jack.
If I'm not mistaken the Little Dot Mk 4 and Mk 4 SE are the ones on the same league that the Valhalla. Can't tell about the differences since I've never heard a little dot amp. What cans are you planning to use? Both Valhalla and LD MK IV are aimed to high impedance cans. An all-in-one solution would be something hybrid like the Schiit Lyr . Vali is also hybrid but it's on a totally different league, and changing the tubes when they die will be a PITA, IMHO. From what I...
Hi guys,   Has any of you tried using a preamp with the valhalla? whay is your experience?   for digital sources I'm planning to use   Source -> Audio GD fun (as dac & SS preamp) -> Valhalla -> Cans   and for the TT either   a) TT -> DJPREII (phono amp) ->  Audio GD Fun (as SS preamp) -> Valhalla -> Cans   or   b) TT -> DJPREII (phono amp)  -> Valhalla -> Cans   I'm wondering if a) is not too long?   One of the advantages of going with a) is that I could...
Wow, thanks. I have both valhalla and t70 on the way. Thanks to you I just confirmed its going to be awesome Shiit! :-)I'm thinking about using my audio gd fun as a preamp. What do you think?
Thanks for the input, yes, that's another reason to go with a) since I could use the fun as the main amp for the grado and I would still be able to use all the sources.There's people from schiit that swears grados and the valhalla are a nice match. (Despite the common sense) so who knows? I just ordered these splitters to be prepared for all scenarioshttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002KRCU4/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_2Cheers,
Hi guys!   I apologize for resurrecting this thread from the grave but I didn't see the case in opening a new one since the question is related.   I just got a Schiit Valhalla (just placed the order ). And I also own an Audio GD Fun (DAC / AMP)   For digital sources I was thinking   Source -> Fun (As Dac and Preamp) -> Valhalla (Amp) -> Cans   For my Marantz TT-4000 I'm considering two scenarios:    a) Turn table -> DJPREII (Phono amp) ->  Fun (Preamp) ->...
Ok, guys these two make a great combo, but I really want to max out those HD650 of mine with a valhalla,   So I'm offering two trade options for your Schiit Valhalla amp:   Ipad 4 16 GB, about 1 year use, free smartcover + Shure SRH840   Nexus 4 16 GB, 3 months of use, free Ballistic Case, in it's box + Shure SRH840   The shures sound great from the ipad jack without the need of an amp, IMHO. Can't tell about the Nexus because I've never used that combo.   Please...
Since I've read a lot about the Valhalla and the HD650 is a very nice match, I'm considering in the mid-term getting a Valhalla amp for my home rig. I currently own a Audio GD Fun (DAC / AMP Combo), I would like to know if any of you has had the oportunity to compare an Audio GD product (Maybe the Compass, Fun or NBF12) against the valhalla. Certainly the FUN has a lot of power. Would we be talking about a big change or would it be noticeable but Marginal?   How does the...