or Connect

Posts by Argyris

No need. Whatever the issue was, it worked itself out. I can wear my HD 600 for hours on end now without even a trace of pain. The thing is, that was true for the entire first week as well. The first day I probably had it on for at least eight hours, broken roughly into a three and a five hour session. Thereafter I clocked at least two hours solid every day until I first noticed the pain about a week later. I don't know what changed at that point; it might have been...
 After the first week I had that problem as well. I was taken aback because for the first week I didn't have any problem whatsoever; it's like it caught up with me and suddenly reared its head. It was so bad I thought I might have to give up on the headphone. I didn't say anything initially because I figured I'd give it some time to work through. I also tried some of the suggestions I read in this thread and elsewhere. Here's what I did (in no particular order):  1) I...
 Shame I can't get one of those, as it looks like the perfect size. My M6 (actually an S6, the supposed sports variant) only had the ones in the middle and on the right. The smaller one doesn't form a seal, so I'm currently using the middle one. It's just slightly too big, making it a bit difficult to get a seal initially (it seems to fold in on itself) and generally being less comfortable than it should be.
I've had a minor breakthrough with my Titan 1. Acting on advice from far earlier in the thread, I tried some triple flange tips I had lying around from my Meelec M6.   Bingo! Arguably it's slightly more colored now than it was, rolling off the highs and emphasizing upper and lower mids compared to the stock balance, but the sibilance problems are completely gone and the tone now has that sweetness I've grown so fond of lately. Male vocals have the weight that they were...
I'm not a huge fan of shiitakes. This happened suddenly, since I recall liking them quite a bit when I was younger. I made the mistake of putting them on a pizza once, apparently after my unseen, unknown shift in taste, and I spent most of my meal rooting through the toppings to get them out.   That reminds me. Does anybody have a relative date for when the explosion of unusual pizza toppings started? I suspect this date might correlate with the time when pizza...
 The perfect signature for me is that of my HD 600, except with sub bass. The Titan 1 doesn't really manage this--if anything, it's closer to the DT880, or perhaps the NAD HP50 when I had it, except with a seal that actually works for me and produces sub bass (the HP50 may have clamped too much, forcing the bottom of the earpads open and preventing me from ever hearing deep bass with them--it was a mountain of mid- and upper bass). In comparison to my preferred signature,...
 That's where I am right now. Except that I don't honestly think, for my purposes, a superior headphone has yet been made. A true upgrade over the HD 600 for me would need to have: 1) The same exact tonal balance, including the notch at ~5 kHz (which controls sibilance and harshness) and the slight push in the upper mids--that's where the vocal magic happens2) Better bass extension, since no matter how one tries to sugar coat it, the roll off is noticeable3) Less bass...
 You can take my advice or leave it, especially in light of many of the other suggestions you've seen, but I'd say you've got the right idea here: IMO, the differences you're going to see with different equipment are often overblown once you've reached the point where you're properly driving the headphone in the first place. In your case, your mixer is most likely the only one doing this for you. I actually have an old Behringer mixer myself with a surprisingly decent...
 You're starting to sound like wink. Oh, god, it's infected you! Soon, we will all be heralding the end of the TMAC thread, even as we post in it. Wait, now I'm doing it! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
 Frog entrails don't bother you, but mushrooms do? I learn something new about you every time you post. Actually, doesn't the presence of all that cheese bother you as well? (For those who have no idea what I'm blithering about, this is the typical sort of banter a couple of TMAC-veterans get up to on occasion).