or Connect

Posts by Argyris

That's a very lovely shade of pink. It's not saccharine like the more reddish and vibrant shades usually associated with things like Valentine's Day, so it looks like it would be quite versatile.
I figured gaming and content creation would be typical memory-intensive usage scenarios. In my experience loading up a DAW and some VSTs, added to the OS's own footprint, puts me comfortably above 4 GB. I can see future proofing as a motivation for recommending high RAM capacity, especially as computers are becoming less upgradable. I think 8 GB is a good number to shoot for in this case. But any higher than that is really getting into esoteric usage cases, and even 8 GB...
I can see that. There's also the classic problem that people who are narrowly focused on their line of work have difficulty taking a step back and seeing that they're not the typical user. I imagine the line of thinking is, since I'm more intensively involved in my craft, my needs will be a superset of the average person's, so if it works for me it will certainly work for them. The counter to that is that, if your needs significantly outstrip those of the average person,...
I once jammed a RAM module upside down into a slot (don't ask me how I managed that or how I didn't notice what I was doing) and ended up shearing a surface-mounted component off it in the process. Thankfully it wasn't on an important machine and was intended to eventually be replaced with a higher capacity module anyway, so it wasn't a complete disaster.   I feel like there's a disconnect between a lot of the tech writers I read and the amount of RAM actually necessary...
Nerd side-note: It ain't a big cup unless it holds as many ounces of soda as megabytes of RAM in a typical early 2000s-era PC.
It's usually aspartame or, increasingly these days, sucralose. Aspartame is vile, IMO; sucralose is sort of tolerable, though paradoxically I often feel like stuff it's in ends up tasting even sweeter than the sugar-sweetened versions, like they haven't gotten the conversion right or something. Artificial sweeteners tend to be many times more powerful per equivalent mass as sucrose, so I guess it's easy to go overboard. I used to trade bad pickup lines with a friend of...
 1) would seem to be an unfortunate thing in regards to 2). Yeah, after going off soda for a while, I've found that on the occasion I drink a bit of it (only in restaurants, since the other non-water options are often pretty terrible), my first impression is that it's way too sweet. When I was drinking it regularly I guess I was immune to the sweetness, so I never considered just how much sugar is in there because I figured it would taste lousy if it didn't have that much....
I've noticed a similar effect with ginger. When I cook up a stir fry, I pile it in (since I loves it), and I definitely feel like it helps clear things up. I've never actually tried anything with really strong ginger for nausea, though, so it's difficult to say if increasing the quantity would produce an effect or if I personally just don't respond to it.   Whatever its health benefits, at least it tastes good.
 Funny you should mention ginger ale. After ditching fizzy drinks over a year ago, I drank some Canada Dry a few days ago for its ostensible stomach-settling qualities. It didn't exactly stay drunk, so to speak, so I'm not sure it really does anything. Still tastes pretty good, though. Especially with a nice slice of cheese.
Kitten but not catling.