Posts by Argyris

Just popping in here again with a somewhat bizarre story with my DT880. Earlier today, while investigating some rattling that sounded like it was coming from inside the right cup, I took off the pad in order to pry off the baffle. And under the pad lip I discovered several casings from (former) insect larvae.   That's right. There were things living in my headphone! Both sides, too, as it turns out. Checking inside both cups, I (thankfully) didn't find anything. The...
Um...ummmmm....   I used to check out PoWM from time to time. I remember a few of those. The one near the upper end of the list with the blue, open back...garment...and the rather fleshy back was the inadvertent start of an inside joke with one of my friends. We were swapping links to PoWM pictures while chatting and I made it so I could post a thumbnail of that particular picture by typing a specific sequence of letters. I wanted to be able to reference it at random...
 I have no idea what's going on there. If there's some sort of creepy innuendo undertone to the whole thing, I missed it. It just looked...awkward.
I got Music Buff...which is weird, since I seem to recall picking a lot of the pictures that had people chilling out on their computers and drinking coffee*. I also picked pictures with books or people writing for the questions about heroes and inspiration, since I've been working on the mother of all sci-fi/fantasy trilogies in my head for the past six months and have built up some distinctly heroic, if complex and flawed, characters. The survey seemed to ignore all that,...
If we fall on the usual crutch of subjectivity and measurements not being everything, no useful argument can be formed either in favor of or against any company's products. I could say that since commonly panned headphones like the Sony V700 and the original Beats Solo probably sound great to somebody out there, they must be great, and therefore the negative impressions of them must be baseless. After all, there is some question as to whether the various headphone tuning...
 Nice mugshot.
 I've done that several times in the almost four years I've had my DT880 and the pads come out clean and soft every time. Unfortunately, they don't regain any volume after a cleaning, and over the years they've become quite smooshed. I figure I've got a year before I need to really consider replacing them outright. Five years of nearly constant usage isn't bad at all, and of course the headphone itself still looks brand new. Beyer builds stuff to last.
Expanding on the above, if you have an iPhone, you could try the first product mentioned in this video:  
I think that education and open dialogue are a big part of getting adolescents to trust their parents, teachers, etc. This goes for everything, not just sex. It's a tricky time to be alive, in physical, psychological and sociological terms. When people are stressed out, they seek allies. If parents are unwilling to take their kids seriously or spend their whole time trying (futilely) to banish all the monsters back under the bed, their kids will turn on them and go...
I've heard that a few of Bose's later products are actually quite decent. Tyll was particularly enamored with the QC20, and ljokerl liked the TriPort. It takes a lot of work to undo a legacy of poor perceived value, though, and the Bose/böse joke is low hanging fruit. Plus, I wanted to sway us back onto pineapples, via cats and evilness.