or Connect

Posts by Argyris

I suppose I'll have to start things off with my favorite movement from one of my favorite pieces:     This section, the In Paradisum, is my favorite piece of music ever written. I've listened to it, on repeat, more times than anything else. I've fallen asleep to it numerous times, turned to it when friends and pets were lost, or whenever I find myself contemplating death and tragedy; and used it as the backdrop countless times when reading. It never loses its magic,...
I wish we'd played the suite when I was in band in middle school. I enjoyed my time there nonetheless, and it was my first experience playing in an ensemble. Previously I'd only ever played solo piano. I also played keyboard in the jazz band, which was a special subset of the band you could enter via audition.   In high school I went with choir instead of band. Four years here (I'm a tenor) gave me yet another perspective on ensemble performance, since not only did I get...
That's the plan, wink, that's the plan. That, and I just miss all the arguments about food. If only we could get that going again.
 You say that, but few have had the honor of being mentioned in the same billing as the mighty Steve G. Some days, just thinking about that keeps me going.
I got April one year, though I had to share that with Steve Gutenberg. In fact, I will eternally have April, since the OP hasn't been changed in over three years.
 Oh don't even....
 Sorry, should have made the city clearer. I keep forgetting those initials aren't unique. These days Leonard Slatkin is the principal, at least through the next few years. After that he plans to take a step back in a sort of part-time arrangement. For this particular performance, though, we had Peter Oundjian from the Toronto Symphony Orchestra as a guest. He did a great job. The Planets seems to be a tough work to interpret, despite the impression perhaps given by...
Just checking in here for the first time. For the past few days I've been running my new HD 600 through its paces. As in, I have to keep making myself take it off my head so I can go do other stuff. Stuff I can't do while wearing it, since I've even gone so far as to plug it into my Sansa Clip Zip and use it as a "portable" headphone.   I just have to say: why in the world did I wait so long to get one of these?!   I've long been an exponent of the DT880, and I stand...
It's a shame none of the months begin with "Z" because then we could declare Zombie in honor of the twitching, not-quite-dead body of the TMAC thread.   Or we could just stick a "Z" on the front of July, because DCurrawong.
 That's a very lovely shade of pink. It's not saccharine like the more reddish and vibrant shades usually associated with things like Valentine's Day, so it looks like it would be quite versatile.