Posts by Argyris

It is oolong and green, but not black tea.
 Get Unlimited* High Speed** Awards on the Fastest*** Award Network in America *Award speed will be throttled to avg. 0.25 mbps after the first 0.42 MB of award data used, as determined by our tracking. Other restrictions may apply. **Speed will vary by location. Greater-than-1.0 mbps speeds for the first 0.42 MB only available in Alaska or via our High Speed Advantage service for an addiitonal $100.00 per month in the continental US. Offer not valid in Hawaii.***Claim...
I think the fact that we're even talking about the SR-009 and the DT880 in the same sentence speaks volumes for the value offered by the latter, if nothing else. For the usual $250-$300 retail price, to come anywhere near a ~$5,000 headphone is saying something. I've always wanted to try the SR-009 (hopefully a meet will pop up somewhere near me). I've read the "colorless" description of it quite a few places, and that sounds right up my street.   In order to be an...
 How odd! Maybe something we'd hear about in the worst date stories thread? Or, more properly, the poorest passionate meeting narrations colloquy. 
It is loose, but not l-...wait, can't do that. Too obvious. But not overly obvious, of course! 
 I keep reading that. I don't think people quite know what they're saying when they say it. The DT880's treble has a peak, meaning a rise and subsequent fall in amplitude over a narrow frequency bandwidth. To "synergize" with it would mean that the amp has a dip in the same area to compensate. That's just not how amps, or any upstream equipment, for that matter, work. And even if such a source existed out there, I wouldn't want to buy something that has a thin, deep notch...
It is Beedrill and Weedle, but not Kakuna.   It is also Pidgeotto, but not Pidgey or Pidgeot.   It is similarly Giovanni and Jessie, but not James.   Finally, it is not Ash, Misty, or Brock, but it is Professor Oak.   (Ah, the old days of Pokemon...)
 So peculiar. However, not odd, and that's what we're shooting for! But not aiming for, mind.
Kind of how I felt about the HP50. Apart from a bit of upper bass/lower midrange bloom, and a lack of upper end air, it was a technically impressive headphone, all the more so because it was closed back. But I found myself just sitting there, not really getting into the music. It reminded me a lot of my experience with the M50 that way. Both eventually moved on.   More than anything, it's personal preference. It's one of the reasons I bristle a little bit when somebody...
It is Google and Apple, but not Microsoft.