Posts by Argyris

Three little trees freeze but not triplicate saplings glaciate.
 June? That's old news. My local supermarket already has stuff out for the 4th of July. (As those fine folks in this thread who live somewhere other than the US are no doubt aware, this involves stuff with lots of American flags and images of fireworks on it. Actual fireworks have yet to appear, but it's only a matter of time.)
Allegation but not claim.
I quite like mangos. Just not as much as cheese.
It is Argyris making a boo-boo with what he originally posted here, but it is not him making a mistake.
It is Coolidge, Hoover, Roosevelt, and Kennedy, but it is not Truman, Eisenhower, Johnson, or Nixon.
It is what Noodler's is selling but it's not ink (obscure reference).   It is InnerFidelity but not Head-Fi.   It is pepper but not paprika.
 The DT880 is the odd one out in that set. Both the DT770 and DT990 have more bass and have sonic profiles that are more similar to one another than to the DT880, which doesn't have any emphasis on bass or lower midrange. It just sounds like you prefer more body to your sound.
 How peculiar... How about effeminate but not feminine. Now that's odd. The part before the comma, at least. The second part is definitely peculiar.
 That sounds a lot like how people who don't like the DT880 at all describe its sound. Of course you're in the appreciation thread, so you'll get a lot of responses from people swearing it must be the amp, but I've read the thin-and-clear description even from people using well-known and respected gear. The DT880 isn't for everyone, and if it's not your preferred sound, that's perfectly all right. This hobby is all about finding the right sound, and there are lots of...