Posts by Boxer757

Customer service rep got back to me promptly, basically saying they understood my disappointment at seeing the product for a lower price shortly after buying it and linked me to their returns page. So I ordered another pair of D1100s at the price of $142 and some change (down to $139 as I write this) and went through the online process of returning a product through Amazon which is pretty painless.   At $139 I would jump on these if you want a bassy yet clear pair of...
  I shot an email to their customer service reps. I'll let ya'll know if they accommodate me.
I agree that some headphones are excellent for gaming. Just saying that IMO the D1100s are not one of those phones.  
Quick question for ya'll. I'm a little disappointed that the price for the D1100 dropped $50 a couple weeks after I bought them. Given that I am in my 30-day return period, would I be allowed to return them and buy at the new price? Should I just contact customer service and see if I can get a credit? Or is it just luck of the draw and I am SOL? I don't want to screw anyone, but if I can save $50 then I would like to do so.
Well I can't speak to that because I was playing it on Xbox360 and therefore couldn't go messing with the audio a whole lot. Probably should have specified that... my bad. Also, perhaps the XB500 is different, though I am betting it was mainly the modifications you made with the drivers and whatnot. Trust me, D1100 in FONV on Xbox360 with standard audio settings is pretty horrendous - laughable spatial recognition and the emphasized bass made most of the sound effects...
Quick update...   I have had the D1100s for a few weeks now and have been really enjoying them but I believe they just passed the true test yesterday. I found a new gadget that I really wanted, however I was having trouble justifying the price. I am still within my return period for the D1100s though, and returning them would take the pressure off, allowing me to purchase the new item. I sat down with them, listened critically for a couple hours, A/Bing with my Bose...
Ordered the D1100s, they should be in tomorrow. I'll let ya'll know what I think!
Yeah based on the D1100 reviews I have seen they appear to be really excellent headphones. Sound is so subjective though, at least in terms of what sounds good to an individual, and so I guess the only way to really know is to snag a pair and give them a try.   Well I am not exactly up on all of the jargon for describing sound but I will do my best to describe how the MTPGs sound to me... Bass is my main priority (if that weren't obvious already) and I find the turbines...
Awesome find. I'll echo what everyone else has said. Keep them unless you dislike the sound and someone who is looking for that particular phone is willing to pay you the $$$ for them. Then you can get different equipment. I wouldn't just sell them for the money though. $1500 will slip through your fingers faster than you think, and after you spend it odds are you will regret no longer having those very limited headphones.   Also, keep those bad boys under lock and...
I think I have narrowed it down to the XB500/700, D1100, and the DT990 Premium 250 ohm.   The D1100 and the DT990 can be had for about the same price on Amazon. If they will give markedly better sound than the XB series then I am willing to spend the extra money.   Assuming you would recommend either the D1100 or DT990 over the XBs (if you would not please let me know), which headphone would you recommend for me?   Looking for a sound signature similar to the...