Posts by Gauss1777

I have come to just 2 options for my actual iBasso D12. After reading a lot I have not quite get the idea onto which one I would really like more, the Westone 4R or the Sony EX1000. Testing is not an option in my country and return back not even in dreams. It's going to be a request at a third party importer and sometimes the deal it's done after about a month.   I'm also thinking to get the next year the DX100, maybe at the middle of the year, will see.   By now...
I put my order for a Bifrost. Now to wait!   I'm looking for cables. What cable would you use to connect the Bifrost to a Bottlehead Crack + HD600? I'm also thinking in getting a Moon Audio Silver Dragon for the HD600. I wan't better bass response and attack with less veiled sound. I'm not looking for too much airness.
You would get a different flavor from the system with a newer DAC. Either you would like it or not. It could bring more detail but maybe the more bloated bass from a cheaper DAC or the smoothness in general could be more pleasant for not trained ears.   I now use a Bottlehead Crack + HD600 + iBasso D12 DAC. It's a wonderful combo but after 8 months I feel I need more! The bass does not satisfy me any more now, I feel it shallow and everything else smoother than I...
Very nice review! I wonder how would Bifrost compare against the Yulong D18. The only thing I don't like from what TubeDriver wrote about the Bifrost is "The bottom end/bass as reproduced by the Bifrost was leaner". From what I read about the D18 are wonders but a direct comparison with the DACs on the I-want-list is desirable.   I'm using now a Bottlehead Crack with HD600 and an iBasso D12 as DAC with redbook FLACs. Sincerely I feel the only thing I want to improve...
      So this music server uses hard disk? Or that would be the same model without the "S"? If it does which type of hard disk it uses?
Thanks so much for the input qusp. Actually what I was looking for was more information as to know if the mod made sense with an HDMI port and you answered exactly what was needed to be known.   I think searching always for perfection while keeping it affordable it's always hard. Now I'm thinking in getting an Audio-GD Digital Interface to reclock and upsample the signal from the iRiver. Nevertheless the DI doesn't have optical input, so now I'm wondering if the mod...
Greetings Atsukita,   I'm liking the idea to mod my iHP-140 for I2S. However I'm intrigued on the compatibility with DACs. You say something on reports from Japan that have found that. Do you have more information on the topic to be able to pick up the right DAC?   I've been looking on a DAC upgrade. I'm currently using an iBasso D12 just as a desktop DAC and I'm starting to feel all my music really shallow. I need more attack, more precision, more resolution!...
Hehe, I love this.   This is what make us never enjoy things to its fullness, to be so perfectious; nevertheless you always learn something.   The W4S DAC-2 is a Sabre DAC but of course it's a big size DAC, it's not just the chip, and this DAC will perform full when using the super low jitter I2S connection it uses, it's not just this DAC that uses this protocol nor this port for that purpose, you can also take a look to the PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC and I doubt a small...
This DAP should have: USB on the Go and support for external hard drives at least on it.   Would be nice to have: Balanced I2S support through a micro or mini HDMI output port to use on DACs as the Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2. Switchable protocol on the HDMI port so that standard digital audio could be used on other HDMI devices.   And why not 2 versions? Maybe that one with such things $200 bucks more. It could even replace a Music Server
I'm interested on how this ended up. I was about to ask if a DacMagic would be an improvement over the iBasso D12 DAC. Reading the first post seems like :"I'm fine with the D12!" But then jermng says that it was just a cable.   I really like the D12 paired with my iHP-140 (with FLAC files) as a DAC to my stereo car, it's a big improvement vs my iPod (with ALAC files). In my car the sound with the D12 opens up, has about everything else added, bass and mids...