Posts by Saulot

Hey guys, thank you for all the feedback!  I'm glad there are some users on this forum that are familiar with these products.  The poster who said above that the buzzing is reduced in speaker mode is correct - I have only really noticed on headphone mode.  It was audible for me using headphones in headphone mode when listening to quiet music, and it seemed to cause some interference with some computer game music - I noticed the latter in Starcraft 2, for example.   I...
After some more testing with my newer laptop (I had to replace the other one), the buzzing noise is still there, and I can't seem to get rid of it.  The X-Fi Go! Pro is noisier than my onboard sound, and based on that, I would not recommend it to anyone unless there is a solution.
Thanks for the information!!  I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these when I get the chance.  
 I don't know, but I would like to know this as well.  I am running Windows 7, but I have XP Mode, so I am going to check XP to find out how NRGreatest can check for us :)   Edit: I went through the sound properties in Windows XP and it isn't easy to see what sample rates are supported like in Vista or 7.  Too bad...  Perhaps it is in the documentation somewhere?   NRGreatest: I had some other questions: 1) How smooth is playback?  Are there any pops or crackles or is...
Perhaps they simply aren't interested in making too many changes to appeal to that market, though Sennheiser has experimented a bit with the look of some of their products.  But ultimately, not every company is going to be interested in going for every market.
Another thing to consider: Most people on Head-fi value sound quality above all.  In the real world, that is not the case with most people.  They value things like style, brand name popular in their social circle, etc, equally with, or sometimes even more than, sound quality.  So even if the sound quality is comparable to a lower price phone, the Beats will have those other features that more than compensate for the price difference.  Beats may be overpriced for the...
1. If someone is excited about their new toy, what is the point of going and pointing out that you think it is bad?  Why take that excitement away from them?   2. It's school.  Part of what school is about is stupid fashions. 
I have one of the phones in that family, the HD438; I really like it, but I don't use it for travelling, just at home, so I may not be able to give you useful advice.  It is good for blocking out sounds at home like outside noises and my computer fan, but I don't know if it would be good for travel.  
Presumably you could have them both installed as long as you have a PCI slot and a USB port to accommodate each device.  Windows has no problem handling more than one audio device, generally.  Unless there is some issue peculiar to the cards in question, having both installed on the system should not be a problem.  
Good luck!  Be sure to give us your impressions after you receive it and get a chance to try it out.