Posts by Milhouse74

Yeah the 650's are a wee bit outside of the budget at $450-50 I've tried the 598's and wasn't overly impressed. I've also had the PSB M4U 2's. Those were supposed to be my travel headphones until the plastic started cracking and I had to take them back.
I'd like to keep it under $300. The M100's are fun but they're not as good for more mellow piano or guitar driven music. So maybe something with more of a focus on that. On a side note I also have the ATH M50's and the Monster Turbine Coppers for IEM's.
I currently have the vmoda m100's and I'm looking for some new headphones. Not replacing them, something different. I'm looking at the Phillips X1's and the NAD HP50's. Obviously one is open and the other isn't. I'm going to use for traveling but I don't mean listening on a plane, more likely in my hotel room. Really debating which one will sound good but a little different than the vmodas. I love the "fun" sound but they aren't perfect for all music types. Suggestions...
So if the M100's aren't going to work for positional audio, what headphones would be recommended. X1's? I want good sound but really I want to hear that positional audio effect. Really just gaming on the 360 with the mixamp. If they're good enough, I might listen to music on my iPhone with the E11.....I do like my M100's for that. Fun headphones
So I guess I need some help/advice. Moved my 360 and decided I wanted to get headphones since it's in my living room with no surround sound. Tried the Turtle Beach xp510's. Wasn't impressed. The surround and position was good but the sound wasn't. Bought the Astro A40's mostly to try out the mixamp to use with my own headphones, Vmoda M100's. Tried it out last night with COD. Sound quality overall was great, the positional sound wasn't good in my opinion. Is it an issue...
So what didn't you like about the M-100? I really don't understand how anyone could think the M-100 clamps as much or more than the PSB. They're night and day. The M-100 has barely any force to it at all. The PSB is thick plastic with big hinges. It really clamps. To each his own but if I included all headphones I've owned I'd put the PSB's last, just behind the M50's and those aren't very comfortable either.
HUH?  Did we try the same headphones?  I didn't think the PSB's were comfortable at all, especially not in comparison to my 598's and M-100's.  The 598's don't even feel like you have anything on, so they're the benchmark of comfort for me.  I've also had the UE6000's and those were very comfortable as well.  The M-100's are comfortable, but the ear pad is smaller so not as comfortable as those two, but they are still comfortable.  The PSB's weren't very comfortable to...
Well, I like the 598's for some music but I wouldn't say they are a great overall use phone. I've heard the m-100 called a bass can(don't want too bassy) and I've heard it called fun (which I do like the sound of). Not sure I can find a good all around phone for travel. I did like the M4U2 though, can't deal with defects on a $400 item.On a side note I'm also looking at the Sony MDR1R. On CNET's review they seemed very positive. There was also a note in the review that...
Just curious what the thoughts are on these from anyone that's tried both?  I've seen some reviews say go Momentum, but I'm curious what the average board listener thinks.  I need a closed back, somewhat portable headphone.  I will use them mostly at home, but I do travel quite a bit so I want something I can use when needed on the road.  I had the PSB M4U2, but I returned them due to the cracking issue.  I liked the sound, but honestly the fit wasn't great (not very...
They say they have a 30 day no hassle return policy, no question. Yet they want me to go through the manufacturer. Doesn't seem like no hassle to me. My only concern with exchanging it is I'd imagine my odds of getting old stock are high since it happened once. Not sure that's the best route. Might just return it and look at other options.