Posts by jrkong

Here's what I've learned after some good time with the ROCKETS and from my time at Aurisonics: They need time to grow on you When you listen to other IEMs & headphones you adjust to the sound signature, same thing is needed for ROCKETS I put this here as the "adjust" time for the ROCKETS was waaay longer for me then most other IEMs/headphones. Where it took me an hour to readjust to the ASG sig it took me like 10+ to get fully used to the ROCKETS. When I did though, I...
Well if Aurisonics' plan is to go forward it'll have to be.
They should all ship before the end of August. They're planning another Kickstarter with the date aimed at September 4th. NAMM teased Auris. Not going to go into details but it may or may not be the cup of tea for some people here, but if it's for you, it'll be big. Anyways, let's not digress from the topic too much, that should work as a shipping guestimate. Everything should be out the door before September.
Also, quick FYI in case you didn't know, after the package leaves the US the tracker switches over to Canada Post so you won't get any further notifications from the USPS tracker.
That might actually be the case. International shipping with the US has never been good for me either.
      Hmm the old overmolding doesn't look as bad on pics as I thought it would. Took these about 2 minutes ago. But you guys see how it has a chalky sandblasted texture right? VS the smooth texture you guys have on your overmolds and vs the texture on the slider. I really should find a better lens for these closeup shots.   By the way, I noticed the SureSeal tips tend to mold to the general shape of your ears after a bit of use. My ear canals are a bit ovular...
Think matte plastic vs glossy plastic. The black isn't really stiffer but it's got a roughish matte feel to it vs the smooth glossy feel the white has.It doesn't exist... even if it does you wouldn't want it. Trust me on that.  I use mine in bed all the time. They have 6 sizes but the other 2 sizes are for people with abnormally large or small ears. Well according to Dale that is.
Gonna burst your bubble right now before you go bug Dale and shave another 5 mins off ROCKETS production... If the label hasn't started moving it hasn't shipped. Does mean it's in the production queue though. Just because the shipping notice goes out doesn't mean your ROCKETS are ready for shipping. They're separate operations in a sense since Zach preps the labels while Dale's assembling them. Dale tells Zach what to prep as he's assembling so it's likely the ROCKETS are...
Well I prefer the ROCKETS>ASG-2.5 almost solely because of the sound signature since it doesn't feel as coloured and feels more revealing. The overall balance of the ROCKETS just make those minute details that hide in the upper mids and treble like background vocals much easier to pick out as the bass doesn't overshadow them at all. Before I go into the details of the ROCKETS bass let me just talk about my sound preferences a bit: When I listened to the UERM they had the...
The sound might not sound stellar at first but it grows on you after you give it some time. Most of the delays came from the cable and QC'ing so the black cable was on par with the white one. Black teflon just doesn't seem to work which is why they went with the black polyurethane covering instead. I can't wait until I get my finalized version once things start settling down so I can make videos of some of the abuse you can put the ROCKETS through. I'll say now though,...