or Connect

Posts by vwinter

Yea, and, at least here, human food is waaayyy more expensive than dog food per meal lol. And less healthy for their diet.Checkups here are like $120+, that doesn't include blood or fecal sample lab testing $40+ each, plus vaccinations every 1-3 years $60+ each, plus heartworm meds (monthly) and anti-flea (every 1-3 months), that comes out to like $30/month. Then teeth cleanings every 1-2 years ($500+). Its a bit cheaper outside the city but not even close to $30...
People often think it's feeding the pet that's the big cost. For smaller pets, it's actually standard medical care that hits harder, especially if you live in a city, and because it's often a lump payment.
 Yea, but consumer dollar trumps the media every time. Warcraft was saved by the international box office, but even at >2.5x production budget is being seen by insiders as a relative failure, apparently needing 450M to break even and coming just shy. Sequels have been made from lesser results. I suspect though that some of the critics ratings, while potentially having some agenda or more likely personal bias, are based on how bad the movie likely was. I'd guess that the...
 =)  Rendering *was* usually CPU, not sure if they're mainly using GPU acceleration nowdays. I never thought Lightroom would be GPU intensive either lol. Maybe thats why mine is so laggy (looking at you MBA13 - not that the CPU is the god of thunder or anything)...   I think they used to be CPU tasks to watch video but with the newer codecs, lots of GPUs feature specific video decoding chips for H264, etc., so it offloads to the gpu's decoder. Just typing H264 makes me...
I ended up watching the original and then Fury Road. None of the in-betweens.     Mad Max: Fury Road [7/10]   A movie where the word “plot” actually should be in quotes. About 12 minutes into the movie I pause and think to myself, “Oh my god… someone actually did it. They walked into a studio exec’s office and just went “I think you should sit down for this: Waterworld… on land!”.   What’s really worth watching this movie for is the final “battle” sequence. There...
Sounds interesting. Knowing very little about such machine learning, how would this be set up/work?Would this be just for you or could anyone like pick like 3 potential waifus from a list and it'll be able to do it's thing and spit out a list?And would it be based on aesthetics or other character traits (and how would those be learned, I guess)...Wonders about the classification of his interest...Just curious, do you all use such GPUs for stuff other than the latest and...
Since there seems to be quite the frenzy over these around here, it looks like there's an Asus GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 on sale at Newegg (US) for as low as $385, which is apparently a good deal, in case anyone is interested. Not sure how long it'll last.
Lol. Of course. Even if this was a set up joke, still funny. Glad I wasn't still drinking my coffee when I saw this.
I'm mainly avoiding it because the trailer I saw was just bad. I mean bombed. I laughed at a total of one joke in a 2+ minute trailer of a comedy. Incredibly not funny. Like, you need to try to write jokes that bad. And the rest of the trailer had no redeeming value.I rewatched the Prometheus trailer after just to balance it out.I'll eventually catch it on HBO or something in a few months.
Thanks for posting when it got started btw, which reminded me. It's become one of the things I look forward to. A lot of the good blocks were during my work hours sadly but managed to catch what I could. Even gf who only games casually on her phone enjoys watching some of it.Pepsiman was a surprising highlight. Looking forward to Pokemon Red for nostalgia. Some classics to end the week.