or Connect

Posts by vwinter

It is a legal obligation. Warranties are express or implied liabilities that are legally actionable and have a real cost associated to them (a cost that was definitely taken into account in Fender's purchase price). While companies can structure their purchase as an asset only purchase, rather than a purchase of the entire business (assets and liabilities via purchase of units of ownership), thereby avoiding assumption of the seller's liabilities, there are significant...
Some objectively bad movies i enjoyed revisiting for no reason i can comprehend other than my childhood, mostly:   Getting Even With Dad [6/10]   This is the kind of movie they don't really make anymore. Most would argue for good reason =) It was a staple of the 90's and films like this were made in the 80's and maybe moreso the 90's in an attempt to connect with a younger audience, where the message was, kids are smart, resourceful, adventurous and capable of driving...
I was due for a rewatch of AOD and was planning to start at the beginning, which I'd only partly gotten through. Maybe I'll try the Hutnicks order instead
Intrigued, why?
The Revenant [7.5/10]Just about everything I was planning to say is in the below review, and probably in about 1/5 the words. There's something to be said for brevity.Beside this, the score by Ryuichi Sakamoto is every bit as fantastic as I had hoped. And I didn't even recognize Tom Hardy, what a talent.I did drop the score a bit from what the above review which I noted mirrors my own. One of the biggest issues with the film for me was actually that I felt it wasn't able...
This post of mine was hard to find =/Maybe I'm stuck on the US school scale where I think essentially having a 5 point scale requires decimals, hence my usual decimals. If I was watching a movie I'd give less than a 5. There's a 50/50 chance that I'd turn it off in the middle. [[SPOILER]]
The kid is absolutely terrible in the role of Annakin in The Random Menace truealmost as bad as Hayden Christensen in Attack of The Clowns. true, but he's like 2 years old here so it's hard to measure him to the same standardsThe story is virtually non-existent, truethe characters anemic true(I like McGregor in other things, but he doesn't have the gravitas to pull off a young Obi Wan) agree, casting a name for the wrong part- it's an insult to anyone who grew up watching...
So I got the Star Wars saga box set on a really great deal and will be making my way through the series for the first time in a long while, episode order.Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (Episode I) [8/10]I know what you're thinking: 8?!?!!!Yea 8. Especially after rewatching Episode II which IMO was a train wreck of bad writing and everyone involved and their mother mailing it in.There are a lot of things here that don't work, facepalm inducing even. Names will not be...
Unfortunately. You can argue it's become an oversaturated market with demand bottoming out for perceived value given modern distribution methods.Sorry in advance for the semi rant:I think there's little to no incentive to pay more which results in content owners recieving less. Say you pay $9.99 for Spotify. Figure $2 goes to direct, allocable fixed costs and overhead. $8 left to go to content owners and then artists get their cut. Figure 1.5 hours of music listening a day...