Posts by csholtmeier

I got on the waiting list last night. I don't know why I thought headphones were going to be an inexpensive alternative while my listening room is boxed up;)
I think he means the term "EMF Field" is redundant, as the "F" in "EMF" stands for field. 
I currently have a set of Denon AH-D7000 with MarkL mod, and a Stax SRS-2050mkII (for getting my feet wet with electrostats). I love the Denon's for classical, jazz and anything that's slow ,sparse and dynamic. Rock and metal are a different story. I feel like the Denon's just can't reproduce these styles to my satisfaction. I'm getting to the point where it is affecting my daily listening choices. In searching for a good rock can, the Grados come up quite...
PM'd
VGA to male RCA's from Blue Jeans Cables.
Currently using an Apogee Duet with my MBP. I have a Stax 2050 mkII rig on the way. I've already ordered a custom breakout cable with male RCA's, so Duet line-out>>Stax Energizer input.   What's the ideal way to run the volumes with this, as the Duet has a volume control, as does the Stax amp.   Thanks in advance for any answers to my noobish question.
Shipping to Omaha Nebraska USA?
I'm currently using an Apogee Duet with my MacBook Pro and Denon AH-D7000's. I like the increased depth and better bass than with the MacBook headphone out, but the Duet seems to make things sound "rounder" and more "glued" together. I use a Sound Blaster card at home, and although it is noisier and smaller sounding, the mids and highs seem to be delivered quicker and with more precision than the Duet.   I would also like something that is cross platform.   I...