Posts by kramer5150

Hit or miss on a lot of those kinds of things.  I always find a variety of things works best.  Fortunately for me my wax is the dry flaky stuff, I just us a bamboo earwax scooper and a cotton q-tip and the offensive stuff just falls out.  If you have the wet goopy stuff it may not work.
x2, its more than sufficient for any headphone mentioned in this thread so far.
I think its a wash.  There are scattered reports of circuit failures for both brands.  Usually its power resistors blowing.  One things for certain (at least for me)... P2P wire is easier to repair than thru hole PCBA.  US Customs did a piss-poor job repacking my 337.  I kid you not it was THRASHED, far beyond any amp abuse I have ever seen here on HF.  I had to replace the front panel switches and re-paint the chassis.  But the amp runs like a champ regardless.  I think...
Since you enjoyed the HD555 so much, I would not hesitate to stay within the family blood lines and jump over to the HD600/650 and small amp like a Magni.  If you can swing it, an HD600 and a Little Dot II is a rockin' little setup, if you're open to a tube circuit... IMHO.  I would also not hesitate to side step over to an HD598 either.  The 555, 558 and 598 all use the same driver capsule and ear-pads so they have more similarities than Sennheiser wants us all to...
I wonder if its earwax?  "Tried cleaning my ears..." doesn't sound very definite.  Either you get it out or you don't.  My daughter had  a pea-sized nugget in one of her ears, it just fell out one day.
x2
The 598 is warm, smooth and balanced sounding across the spectrum.  It has some gentile roll off at the ends of the spectrum. The 990 has a more pronounced "U" curve.  It extends a little bit better at the ends of the spectrum.  Deeper sub bass extension and impact.  More treble air and sparkle.   I am not sure which is better at layering a soundstage image.... let others chime in here.   I would not use the Schiit fulla with a 250+ ohm headphone.  Even though I am a...
Very cool...  the 990 and 600 are a good complimentary set IMHO.  They both have different strengths and weaknesses.
I don't think it really bothers the majority.  Or at least it doesn't trouble enough people often enough... otherwise it would be a more common complaint.  Manufacturers I think would definitely put balance controls on their products more often, if it gave them an advantage over the competition. As with anything else, we all hear things differently.  Different things bother some while others don't notice a thing.  I think thats the main reason.
A night in old Mexico,   Fell asleep half way through.  An old grumpy guy, his boring grandson stumbling on $150 grand during a night out on the town.  Getting drunk and flirting at the local whore house on some other guys found $$$.  They're being stalked by a local thug who thinks the best way to get his $$ back is to just follow them from a long distance through the streets of Mexico.   I went comatose after ~60 minutes.   Pompeii I really enjoyed this one,...