Posts by kramer5150

Yeah I am lazy when it comes to setting them.  About half of them are mechanical, and I just let them run down.  I only really set them whenever I wear them.  A good percentage of my quartz watches have dead batteries, or I have not worn in a while and haven't set them for daylight savings time change. Bottom far left is a citizen orca. 
One of my favs...  
My affordable collection
I have both the SR60 and the 60i.  The difference I think is noticeable.  The "i" model is less "edgy" in the upper mids... more smooth and easier on the ears.  Its STILL a Grado, with all the energy and dynamics though.  Bass extends deeper and the whole signature overall is slightly more tipped towards the bass-end of the pool.  Its also more refined and detail revealing.  Theres also more energy and detail resolution towards the ends of the audible spectrum.  Where the...
Apples OEM ear-pods are one of the better earbud types (non-canal) I have heard.  Their microphone quality is excellent.  I dial into conference calls with my iPhone and others have asked what microphone I am using, because I sound clearer and slightly louder than anyone on the call.  Sonically, they can match the Yuin PK2-3 models in a lot of ways.
I agree.  I always try and comment on the basis for my opinion, either I own it, owned at one time and sold, or demo'd at a meet only.  The last of which I also elaborate that its nothing more than a very shallow first impression... at most.   Devils advocate.... One time I borrowed another members DT880-600 for a day or two, and its ~10k treble boost aggravated and caused my tinnitus to re-appear.  So I have posted many times that the DT880-600 treble boost is too much...
Old timer checking back into this thread.... Looking forward to impressions!!   The SR60i was a slight but noticeable improvement over the SR60... can't wait to sample the new "e" models.   Happy listening
Two key points, in order of importance (IMHO)   The HD598 is not really a bass-heavy headphone.  None the senns in this product range really are... 595,580,600,650 (etc), at least not by todays standards.  So if you really want to push the bass-dbs, you'll have to EQ things a bit, and then theres a good chance your motherboard on-board soundcard will not have the headroom.   Not exactly sure what motherboard you are plugging into, but chances are its onboard headphone...
Heres a few off the top of my head: -driver sonic characteristics -earcup acoustics -earpad characteristics -cable characteristics -positioning when worn
The MDRV6 and 7506 have been an industry standard for TV & radio audio monitoring for 2-3 decades.   I think the Senn HD25 in its various incarnations has also achieved similar status.  These cans will meet most of your criteria... and its likely your peers and the studios you will be working in will have already seen their share of these cans in service.  So you won't have to worry about impedances, amp matching and the likes.  The K240s 55 ohm model is also worth your...