Posts by kramer5150

Me too, in regards to bose quiet comforts.  They make me feel very "uneasy".  I am not sure why either, but I try them on in the store and its amazing what they do to attenuate noise... but I feel disoriented and uncomfortable after just a few minutes.  Its like being in a dark pitch black closet.  Its complete dark but you just can "sense" a very closed-in space around you.  For me its that kind of discomfort.  It doesn't make me dizzy though, but after prolonged...
Ear-speaker designs are what you want... AKG K1000, Sony PFR-V1 and MDR-F1   I'm listening to Jethro Tull live at Montreaux as I type, makes my K701 sound like an in-ear monitor.   I am surrounded by crowd cheer, venue ambiance and natural reverberation unlike any headphone I have heard that's not a K1000.  Theres a sense if "delicacy" and airspace to tones and sounds... because it literally is ambiant air thats in open space, surrounding the outer ear.  It gets BETTER...
Cool I remember the SR40.  I had one for a while
The DT880 boosted treble over its dry/docile upper mids always gave me troubles.  I have heard several versions over the decade on various systems and its always this element of its sound that has kept the 880 out of my collection.   So for me personally the 7xx would be my choice... a nice step up from my old K701.
Sorry for the derail... are they compatible with the K240S-55 ohm?  I think they are... but could use some confirmation. thanks!!
Thats absolutely an HD600 pictured.  Not a 580 or the Jubilee. I would also ask him of the headphones pictured are the actual item being sold or are they "borrowed" pics.  If hes selling an HD580, but using (the wrong) pics from someone else... that would be a red flag in my book.  Honesty and integrity are very important to me when dealing with www sales.   Just my .02 though... Good Luck with the sale!!  Might want to surf the BST forum, there's a few unclaimed...
Very cool thanks for posting that.  Very few (if any) members actually have them all side by side to directly compare and pad swap...etc.   One things for sure the original K701 is the coldest, most bass shy of the bunch.  Its been a love-hate thing with me.  I really like how it punts sound WAY out there, but at times its just too distant and un-involving... boring at times.  Its always occupied this slot in my collection.  Output transformer coupled tubes has been my...
Depends on the type of earwax you have.  If its wet pasty goopy stuff thats going to be different than the dry flakey / powdery stuff.  I (thankfully) have the flakey stuff and use a bamboo ear scooper and a cotton Q-tip to dust it all out.  Been doing it that way (carefully!!) all my life and have never had earwax problems.  When I was a kid it would just fall out every once in a while.... which was kind of gross
MDR-PFRV1... Just got them, Long overdue.  I've wanted these for 7-8 years.  Poor mans K1000, IMHO.    
I = V/R