Posts by LRY32

i am seeing my next purchase now (=   i have been thinking a lot on whether to get the HD25 or the DT1350, and this vid sure helps!
    i always though it was otherwise, but it could be my rusty math thats the cause.       but do anybody actually listen to their SM3s at the first notch anyways?  
guys, just a simple question i would like to ask.     anybody else listens to their music with the SM3 at the first notch using an iphone 3GS or itouch 3G? it is the same for the metal bands (as i lay dying, all that remains, opeth, lamb of god, A7X, BFMV, metallica etc) and orchestral music such as the ones from the "distant worlds: music from final fantasy" i bought from their website. all are ripped in to FLAC then converted into ALAC.   when i use my IE8s,...
oh i may have left out an important thing about the IE8s : i have burnt them in for at least 300 hours now, so the drivers are settled in.   i am the second owner of the IE8s, and yes i have heard the subtle effects of burn in... but lets leave the flaming to another time 
i have both on my hands for the past 4 months now, and i use them interchangably depending on the genre of music i am listening to.   the SM3 does really nicely for most genres such as metal, hardstyle, hardcore and hard dance, even more so then the IE8 i daresay. i use my IE8s for acoustic and classic music, where the larger soundstage shows it magic here. if you require isolation, use the SM3; even on the subs and buses, i can't hear the hum or the chug of the...
could anybody who has reshelled their sm3s post their thoughts on them?    i apologize for the seemingly noobish attempt in gathering information, but the search function does not serve its purpose very well )=  
Well guys although i use the stock tips most of the time, i modded them in such a way that the bore of the tips are larger, and i slipped a shure core into the stock tips. Putting a chopstick into the stock tips and immersing them in hot water permanetly achieves this    My intention of doing so was to ensure the sound would not be absorbed into the stock tips, and to make sure that the sound would remain uncompromised as it exits the bore of the SM3. So far the...
well i am considering getting one of these beauties as my portable headphones, along with my SM3s.    how does this pair of headphones fare with melodic metalcore and hardstyle? 
well from what i can recall, the D4 mamba was certainly musical with the SM3,while the pico was really neutral - it brought out subtle details from both ends and widened the already gigantuan soundstage to a larger extent than the D4.   i preferred the D4 over the pico as the amp is more immersive... but well the choice depends on what taste or characteristics you are looking for in the whole experience (=     i expect the D6 to be somewhat the same sound sig as...
my classmate asked me if i was wearing hearing aids when i used the SM3......