Posts by pickleweed

new owner here, really late to the game on this one.  im enjoying the hell out of them so far.  i got mine used, so theyve had time to open up already, but i found the stories of shrilly treble to be pretty exaggerated.  theyre bright, no doubt, but i dont find them offensive like a lot of people were claiming.  i love the detailing and the instrument separation though. theyre certainly more up front than my last phones, but i seem to prefer it that way.  bass is nice,...
lol, you mustve talked to my wife about all of my headphones/guitars/pedals/anythingelseiveboughtrecently :)
 it sounds like you guys are surrounded by cartoon characters.  lol.   honestly, what did you expect though?  he dropped 300 big on these headphones, and you're intent to is to essentially show him he wasted his money.  people tend to get wonky like that.   Id be lucky to find someone in reality that actually cared about headphones that much, period.  let alone what brands you're rocking.
 please dont mistake my posting about for caring.  i dont care, and im certainly not "bothered". lol i find this thread ; and the overall hatred of beats interesting.  especially because most of the issue seems to be taken with other people not getting value for money or other brands not getting recognition people feel they deserve.  im fascinated that people have such defenses over other peoples bank accounts.
 and why does this bother any of you?  dont buy them then and be done with it :/you guys are really bothered over sennheisers shelf space? honestly, i wonder how many things you guys buy that get everyone else riled up because the value doesnt add up to them?   i hope you guys dont own gibson guitarsor buy rice krispies instead of crispy riceor buy nikes over asics and on, and on, and on
despite the hate on  beats, theyve managed some positive.  theyve gotten full sized headphones out of your dad's basement and into the public sphere.  theyve made it known that there can be headphones out there better than earbuds.  theyve gotten people used to the idea of dropping 300 on quality headphones (not necessarily them, but for most people before beats, 300 was crazy talk for headphones) and in turn have probably helped akg/denon/grados whatever.  theyve made...
bumpity
If youve got a pair youre looking to move, PM me with your price.  Thanks.   edit:  thanks for all the offers guys, found a great deal.  
Sorry guys, had a last minute change of heart and decided to hang onto these guys for a while longer. Still looking around, but don't want to do anything rash.
it was.   here's the update:  i went home, listened to the flacs for the lenka track, without the e17 through my laptop at home.  still there.  listened through my 840's.  still there.  so that's that.  it was simply recorded like absolute trash.  i didnt listen to the other tracks, but id imagine the results would be similar.  so, at least i know my cans are in fine working order.  thanks everyone for the suggestions!   i dont know how that left a studio.