Posts by kendric

Talking about amps, I suddenly remembered Ortofon's HD-Q7 amp and their female vocals which remained the best I have heard from all the small amps by far. If only I could get my hands on them and see how they coax out the vocals from the FX850 (it could be adding enough decibels to it that its change of sound sig may well be controversial, but I guess thats personal preference!) In the meanwhile my humble wallets may be more inviting towards the ifi offerings for now! I...
Hmm I have not try both. But seeing a pit off of single vs dual burr-brown. I believe the Standard iDSD should do a much better job in imaging with stereo coherency while sounding cleaner with the ipurifier-integrated.Once I go back and try them out I will report back here with my impressions of the icanV2 / itube / nano iDSD / micro iDSD. =)
True. Their iDSD seems reasonable price as it also has the ipurifier function built it. Jitter rate control seems great on the spec sheet too. I may go down to my former workplace that happened to be one of the retailers for ifi audio products.Guess I could slowly try them out to see which fits me the best. Itube and their analogue sound is quite the temptation to try too.
I might pull the trigger on their newest iDSD. Ability to line out direct to my S4 Active and still have both xBass / 3d mode --- DUAL EFFIN BURRBROWN DAC CHIP thereafter basically close the deal (nearly) for me!
You're welcomed Leo! Next time if you're by the store besides GV Cinema and Nike at Vivocity let me know! I could let you try out the 93spec cables and the RC-SE1 cables.Cant wait to get them burnt in on Dsnut's Bass n Drum tracks!
Just a personal confession. The main reason I am digging into the DHC Fusion Hybrid and the Whiplash TWau Gold-Plated Silver is because... I have a fetish for uniquely gorgeous looking cables, THAT GOLD.. THAT TWINKLING SILVER WITH COPPER TONE!Even if they are not the end-all-be-all sonic match with the Woodies and the Hybrid-3s.. I would be happy to make exceptional purchase for these two lovelies, before I came across these 2 cables I am kinda against cable upgrades and...
Which tracks did you used specifically? Could you kindly share with us?  And i do agree that stock cable sounds plenty good, but even if its just a little, i still missed the hi-hats and the more present vocals i had with the FX850 on the 93spec. Will burning in your way also gives leeway for more vocal presence (even if its not about making more upfront).  (P.S. The reason i don't mind spending a lil on the cables is because i may also get the Sony H3 for sports-use,...
I agree with most not finding it an ideal choice to spend as much or even more on the cable than the earphones itself.Thats why for starters I think the brands for cable that people could sure look out for were either: Nocturnal Audio, Moon Audio's Dragon Cables, Stage93's EAST93 Cables and Toxic Cables or even Effect Audio's cables (except the CC Piccolino cables that will cost as much or even more than FX850 itself)Toxic Viper's midrange glow should match well with the...
The Hybrid should do well for you.About Silver cables actually my 93spec did a much better job at smoothing out the sounds but keeping the treble extension at the same time when compared to the other cable I have which is the Fiio SPC cable.All in all either the 93spec silver or Nocturnal hybrids should solve your problem.Alternatively you may look at either 93pc (a copper with 108 strand counts ala one of the highest strand counts in the market)You may also want to chance...
Since you already have a Fiio SE-RC1 with you, I recommend you getting the new FX850 instead.Those had cleaner mids thanks to a more well-textured bass in comparison to the FX700. Not to mention the FX850s scales well with your Fiio Cable and adds a touch of body to electronic synths.(Yup you heard that right, the FX850 utilizes detachable cable and best part of all, it shares the same MMCX connector as your Shure earphones)