or Connect

Posts by Rizlaw

ToTje, I don't believe I am qualified to provide a good answer to your question. I can recommend you read this paper on balanced and unbalanced circuits: http://www.rane.com/note110.html It goes through the the three ways a balanced to unbalanced circuit can be made. If that doesn't help, a call to Steve will get you the best answer. From what I recollect Steve telling me over the phone, the best result will be from a DAC that has a true balanced circuit. From what you...
I just posted a poll on the Decware site: http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1423588237/0   You might be interested in voting. Perhaps we will get our wish.
I've asked Steve, more than once, to make a high quality speaker switch box to solve the very problem you (and I) have with the Taboo III and a few of the other Decware amps. He didn't seem that interested although he said it would be easy to build. The ones I've found online are junk. I have been considering writing a post about it on the Decware forums to see if there is any support for a new ZSSB (Zen Speaker Switch Box).
 If your listening includes analog sources (LPs, tape or FM radio), I feel the CSP3 is an invaluable addition because of the added weight and authority it adds to the music through the Taboo III. There is a synergistic interaction between the two pieces. Also, the CSP3 has an adjust-ability factor that most other pre-amps don't provide. Read more here: http://www.decware.com/newsite/CSP3.html  If you are so inclined, you can read more about my CSP2+/CSP3 impressions here:...
Steven doesn't appear to be actively advertising the Zbit. I'm not sure why. I stumbled upon it from his post about why many of his smaller amps don't have balanced inputs. If you read my posts on the Zbit, you will note I mentioned that I felt the sound of the Zbit directly into the Taboo III resulted in a slightly more detailed sound. So, yes, IMO, the Zbit is going to provide a slight improvement over using a CSP3 at about half the cost of the CSP3. When I spoke to...
I don't think the problem is that it would be "hard to add", just expensive since you would have pay for shipping both ways. From the Netherlands, I imagine that would be a hefty sum in addition to the mod. BTW, just to give you my experiences with the Taboo III: 1. When listening via headphones (in my case LCD-2 or Beyer DT990) I have to turn the attenuator down quite a bit, so the sound coming out of my connected Omega 3E speakers drops to a point where they are almost...
ToTje,   Unlike the Taboo II, the Taboo III amp does not have a speaker switch. Nor, does it automatically cut out the speakers when a headphone is plugged in. It would be nice if it did. I imagine Steve may have felt that the switch was no longer needed or that it sonically degraded the sound via headphones in some way.  I'm sure Steve could/would add a switch if you requested the mod. Steve designed the Taboo III as a headphone amp for the LCD-2 that also works...
Could this be what you're looking for: http://www.decware.com/newsite/ZSB.html Forget it, I just noticed your note at the end of your post. The above switch is RCA analog stereo only; no optical ins or outs.
 My W4S DAC-2 outputs 2.6 volts single ended and is more than sufficient to drive the Taboo III which needs 2.1 volts input for maximum output. Notwithstanding that Steve D. designed the CSP3 to provide a factory 4 volt output for his amps (see quote below), I'm not sure why you are concerned the Taboo III needs 3 or 4 volts to sound good. It doesn't. So, your DAC, which has similar output to mine, should work fine and sound good. If you didn't know about the synergistic...
I use the following cables on my Decware CSP3, Taboo 3 and W4S DAC-2. Much to my surprise I found a significantly audible difference (read improvement across the audio spectrum) in my sound with these cables. They are unshielded silver ICs, so if your system has EMI issues you may experience some hum. They only come in 0.5 and 1 meter lengths. They are, IMO, fairly priced. Starting at $149/pr for .5m and $199/pr for 1m. Very highly recommended. You also get a 30 day trial....