or Connect

Posts by Rizlaw

Please read my post (noted below) on setting up gmusicbrowser for proper playback. It should resolve your issue provided you enter the correct information under "Advanced Options > Alsa Device". Just setting gmusicbrowser to ALSA is not enough without also entering correct info into the "Alsa device" field. To find your ALSA device info, in a terminal window, use the command "aplay -l" to determine your sound card's settings. If you have more than one sound card device,...
 eimis, What you describe is certainly not my experience with Linux. I hear no fuzziness or downsampling effects in any of my Linux media players. I don't use Clementine. While I prefer Ubuntu Linux, I have tried several Ubuntu derivatives (like Mate, Mint, Kubuntu), as well as Antergos (an Arch based distro), Sabayon (Gentoo based), Red Hat Fedora and a few others, sonically, they all sound the same to me. Ultimately, there are simply too many variables that factor in to...
Because this is a special Chesky Binaural+ recording, I felt this was as good a place as any to post this for those who haven't seen it yet. The website "www.wallofsound.ca" is promoting, with Chesky, a free full album download of "The New Appalachians - From The Mountain Top". There are compressed zip files in both 16/44 and 24/192 of the complete album in aiff format. PC users will need to convert to flac (dbpoweramp works). It will only be available for a short time...
"far more intelligent" probably not.  But, I'm glad my post helped you.
ToTje, I don't believe I am qualified to provide a good answer to your question. I can recommend you read this paper on balanced and unbalanced circuits: http://www.rane.com/note110.html It goes through the the three ways a balanced to unbalanced circuit can be made. If that doesn't help, a call to Steve will get you the best answer. From what I recollect Steve telling me over the phone, the best result will be from a DAC that has a true balanced circuit. From what you...
I just posted a poll on the Decware site: http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1423588237/0   You might be interested in voting. Perhaps we will get our wish.
I've asked Steve, more than once, to make a high quality speaker switch box to solve the very problem you (and I) have with the Taboo III and a few of the other Decware amps. He didn't seem that interested although he said it would be easy to build. The ones I've found online are junk. I have been considering writing a post about it on the Decware forums to see if there is any support for a new ZSSB (Zen Speaker Switch Box).
 If your listening includes analog sources (LPs, tape or FM radio), I feel the CSP3 is an invaluable addition because of the added weight and authority it adds to the music through the Taboo III. There is a synergistic interaction between the two pieces. Also, the CSP3 has an adjust-ability factor that most other pre-amps don't provide. Read more here: http://www.decware.com/newsite/CSP3.html  If you are so inclined, you can read more about my CSP2+/CSP3 impressions here:...
Steven doesn't appear to be actively advertising the Zbit. I'm not sure why. I stumbled upon it from his post about why many of his smaller amps don't have balanced inputs. If you read my posts on the Zbit, you will note I mentioned that I felt the sound of the Zbit directly into the Taboo III resulted in a slightly more detailed sound. So, yes, IMO, the Zbit is going to provide a slight improvement over using a CSP3 at about half the cost of the CSP3. When I spoke to...
I don't think the problem is that it would be "hard to add", just expensive since you would have pay for shipping both ways. From the Netherlands, I imagine that would be a hefty sum in addition to the mod. BTW, just to give you my experiences with the Taboo III: 1. When listening via headphones (in my case LCD-2 or Beyer DT990) I have to turn the attenuator down quite a bit, so the sound coming out of my connected Omega 3E speakers drops to a point where they are almost...