or Connect

Posts by jasonb

You should notice the difference between the dac chips at least. I'm not familiar with how hard those earphones are to drive, or how loud you listen, but there should be a difference between the dac chips at the very least.
Little Christmas morning headphone session with this album, the Q701 and the LG V10.  
The V10 is a much better device, especially in terms of audio.
My last phone was the M9, the V10 kills it. More power, and a better DAC for sure.
Ill chime in regarding the Q701 from an HTC phone. When I had my One M9 with the Q701 I used it in the area of 70 to 85 percent volume and I don't listen all that loudly. For people that listen more loudly than me, the HTC phones probably wont be enough. The LG V10 on the other hand im usually in the 40 to 50 percent area of the volume control and it sound much better overall. The V10 has a ton more power with headphones over 50ohm.
Good so far. Listening to Tidal (which worked before anyway) with my Q701 and things seem to sound as good as before. I tested with XiiaLive pro and youtube and the app does what it claims. 99% of the time I use the stock player and Tidal which both worked perfectly fine before this app, but Ill keep it on my phone for other apps as long as I don't notice a drop in battery life for some odd reason. Also works with Google Chrome for stuff like streaming music off of...
Interesting. Tested with youtube and XiiaLive Pro real quicl and the volume def changes when toggling hifi on and off.
Had mine since October 30th and still love it. Great phone overall, and im still super impressed with the audio. Again, the V10 with the Q701 is magical. Its good with all my headphones and iem's but it really shines with the Q701. Using the stock music app with the music on my SD card, and using Tidal as well. HiFi mode enabled with both apps at all times.
It most certainly 100% does use the hifi dac and amp. No question about it here. Tidal with my Q701 sounds the same as flac files from my SD card. I dont know why Tidal is one of the few apps, and so far, as far as i know, the only streaming service to work with the hifi dac and amp, but it definitely does work.Tidal offers a 1 month free trial if you need to confirm for yourself.
V10 with the Q701 in my opinion as well, sounds as good as the Q701 on my desktop system as well. I understand what people are saying about iem's or headphones that are under 50ohms. Im sure some are right on the edge of needing the extra gain for some people. Fortunately for me all my iem's and headphones work great with the V10 and none of them for my listening habits ever need more than 40 out of 75. For the mathmatically challenged, 40 out of 75 is only 53%. All of my...