Posts by jasonb

Well, I was about ready to buy a Schiit Vali or Magni. I'm sure my Emotiva from the speaker taps sounds better than those.
The Q701 is pretty revealing and not all that insensitive. I doubt you'd ever hear any noise with the he560.
I was listening to the Q701 again last night on the Emotiva and it's really impressive. I'm liking this combo a lot.
Live at Carnegie Hall, and Time Further Out are both good as well. Live at Carnegie Hall is a really really good album. Good music, good performance, and it's recorded very well for the most part.
A few posts back you can see how I wired my Q701 up to my Emotiva Mini-X speaker amp. At first I had just used the bare wire into the binding posts, then I got some Banana plugs and wired them up that way. My first attempt at making them look good and strong was a bit of a weak attempt. Well today I found some metal sleeves to press into the banana plugs since the Q701 wire is so tiny, and the Banana plugs accept up to a 12 gauge wire. I also got some heat shrink tubing....
A few posts back you can see how I wired my Q701 up to my Emotiva Mini-X speaker amp. At first I had just used the bare wire into the binding posts, then I got some Banana plugs and wired them up that way. My first attempt at making them look good and strong was a bit of a weak attempt. Well today I found some metal sleeves to press into the banana plugs since the Q701 wire is so tiny, and the Banana plugs accept up to a 12 gauge wire. I also got some heat shrink tubing....
Some of you might have seen about a week ago how I had wired my Q701 up to my Emotiva Mini-X speaker amp. At first I had just used the bare wire into the binding posts, then I got some Banana plugs and wired them up that way. My first attempt at making them look good and strong was a bit of a weak attempt. Well today I found some metal sleeves to press into the banana plugs since the Q701 wire is so tiny, and the Banana plugs accept up to a 12 gauge wire. I also got some...
EQ can also be your very good friend of you find them to be bright or think they have peaks that you don't like. Equalizer APO is a free system wide Windows PEQ that is essentially limitless in its capabilities. It offers up to 100 PEQ bands per channel. I really think more people should be using it.
I was originally using an old Pioneer SX-750 receiver to power a set of nearfield speakers and my headphones. Then I decided that I wanted to try the Emotiva Mini-X with my nearfield speakers. I noticed an improvement in sound so I sold the SX-750, which left me with no headphone amp. At first I didn't care as I really wasn't listening to headphones much, then eventually I wanted to at least have the option to use the cans I have, so I was on the verge of buying a Schiit...