Posts by jasonb

I'm actually a bit excited to try an IEM that is meant to be worn behind the ear instead of straight down. I have tried it with a few different IEM's and it hasn't worked to well for me, but these are meant to be worn that way, so hopefully they work better this way. Hopefully they sound as balanced as some are saying here. The IEM I use the most is the Vsonic GR01. Hopefully these sound close, but have the dynamic driver sound. I have an RE-Zero and am not really a fan of...
I also have a review pair coming. A person at Brainwavz emailed me a couple nights ago asking if I wanted to try a pair, so why not. The only source I have though is a Galaxy S4 smartphone with Neutron music player. We will see how they pair.
That test just proves how good the ODAC is. 
 Un-EQ'ed I think these are pretty bad, waaaay to much bass, and the mids are way too distant. Kind of reminds me of the Klipsch S4 in ear monitors but without the harshness in the treble. Marketed to the mass public, they may be fine, but for us "audiophiles" or "audio enthusiasts" they are not voiced correctly. The design is awesome and the comfort is good. I don't have an IOS device, so I can't say anything for Accudio, but if it pretty much does the same thing as my EQ...
Nearfield listening is where it's at! It's a whole different experience. Even small speakers with low power when in a nearfield configuration can yield amazing results. I just discovered the joy of nearfield listening this January and I'll never go back. You get all the benefits of speakers, but they are so close to you that you don't get nearly as much room interactions and loss of detail you get with speakers that are several meters away. It's almost like listening to...
I'm happy with mine after EQ for $129. I just went on a long walk and listened to all of Opeth's "Blackwater Park" and a couple King Crimson songs and it was very enjoyable. I am able to get them sounding just the way I want with the 4 band PEQ that Neutron music player offers. Knock the bass way down, bring up the mids centered at 4K, and bring down the 7-8K area a little bit and these are a whole different headphone. They work very well with my Galaxy S4, they actually...
My Neutron EQ settings for the Momentum on-ear:   Low Band:     -7.0dB Mid Band 1:  +7.5dB Mid Band 2:  -5.0dB High Band:    +3.0dB   Low Band: 125Hz Low Band Slope (Q) : .8 Mid Band 1: 4,000Hz Mid Band 1 Width (octaves): 1.25 Mid Band 2: 7,500Hz Mid Band 2 Width (octaves): .5 High Band 10,000  High Band Slope (Q): 1.0   Some of these adjustments are pretty big, but it really improves the sound of these quite a bit. These settings make them pretty neutral...