or Connect

Posts by jasonb

How many steps?
Numbers dont matter to me much. It sounds great and powers every headphone i have including the Q701 with a lot of headroom to spare.
Im on marshmallow on verizon. Its only been a day and a half, but ive plugged in 2 different headphones and an aux cable a total of 8 times now and have yet to get the google voice search popup. Id get it about half the time id plug something into it before with lolipop. We will have to wait and see if it ends up poping back up eventuly, but so far so good.
So my Verizon V10 has marshmallow on it now. Among other changes, the hifi dac works with every app I've tested it with so far without any trickery and without the hifi dac fix app. Works on YouTube, Netflix, xiialive, poweramp alpha, the optimum online tv streaming app from cable vision, and I'm assuming everything else now as well. This is tested with a Q701, and with this headphone the volume difference with the hifi dac enabled is very noticeable when toggled on and off.
So my Verizon V10 has marshmallow on it now. Among other changes, the hifi dac works with every app I've tested it with so far without any trickery and without the hifi dac fix app. Works on YouTube, Netflix, xiialive, poweramp alpha, the optimum online tv streaming app from cable vision, and I'm assuming everything else now as well. This is tested with a Q701, and with this headphone the volume difference with the hifi dac enabled is very noticeable when toggled on and...
The best I have heard my Q701 is when paired with my LG V10 smartphone which has ESS Sabre dac and amplifier chips in it. I've used my Q701 with a Fiio E17, then a Vintage Pioneer SX-750, then straight out of the speaker taps on an Emotiva Mini-X A-100. An ODAC was used with the SX-750 and the Emotiva. 
I've tried a self modded Mk2 on my V10. It needs a bit more power than my Q701, but its definitely doable.
spring is coming.... lets wake this thread up  
The V10 is a perfectly acceptable source for the Q701. I got my V10 on October 30th and thats all I've used my Q701 with since. With the hifi DAC and amp enabled its definitely got plenty of juice. I listen to the Q701 with the volume anywhere from 25 to 40 out of 75. Usually I'm at 30 or 35 out of 75 though.
Been listening to these for the last couple hours and today I'm liking them.