Posts by jasonb

Little more: Have been listening to them for just over an hour now with the - 5 cut at 100hz and I am enjoying them quite a bit. My ears/brain is adjusting and I'm starting to like them quite a bit. They also sound nicer at a lower volume than what I was starting at, I think this is part of the "loudness" (V shaped) curve. These are yet another Brainwavz headphone that is extremely easy to drive. They are plenty loud at the 27-40% area on the volume control on my Samsung...
Listening to the review pair I was given for the 3rd time now. For me they have too much bass, and are a bit too warm and laid back, just as I found the S5 to have too much bass. - 5db centered at 100hz takes care of it making it closer to neutral. My preferred sound signature is more towards the AKG Q701 or the Brainwavz HM5. I also find the S0 to be slightly V shaped like the S5, but seem to sound a bit smoother though. I do prefer them to the S5 slightly. After the eq...
Do you own an HM5 yet? I'm guessing that you don't, because if you did you should notice how easy to drive they are. They will be just fine straight out of a smartphone headphone jack. My Samsung Galaxy S4 powers them very well, never exceeding the 60% mark. For use with a computer if you are looking to do better than your computers internal sound card then something in the Fiio line-up would be more than enough. Anything more would be overkill. You could use the...
I've only had mine for about a month, so I can't comment on long term durability. They seem well built though, and I love the sound.
I have posted a full review of these:   http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-hm5-studio-monitor-headphones/reviews/11802   I like them quite a bit. 
Where can wood cups be purchased from?
4 days later. I'm still liking them quite a bit. At first I was using a little bit of EQ, but now I'm using them flat and like it. It is a very neutral sound in my opinion. They are also pretty smooth with no noticeable peaks or dips. All around a great headphone that works well straight out of a smartphone.
Got a pair today. These are sweet. Got a review sample from Brainwavz. Will burn them in and write up a review in a week or so. So far about an hour in and they are very nice. Sound somewhat similar to a closed Q701.
I just got this beast on Tuesday August 12th. A 2014 Suzuki DRZ400SM supermoto. I got it as a used 2014 with only 550 miles on it for $1000 less than the price of one with 0 miles. So far all I've done to her was to remove the huge ugly tail light and fender and replaced it with the one in the pictures and I also put a fender bag on the rear fender. It's just big enough to hold the factory tool kit, and a bottle of water or a sandwich. It'll also hold a CD or two as I...
I just got a motorcycle two weeks ago, so I've been obsessing with that hobby again and have been neglecting my headphones, but today the new Opeth album came out so tonight I am giving that a listen.      It's sounding good on my Q701.