Posts by jasonb

Nearfield listening is where it's at! It's a whole different experience. Even small speakers with low power when in a nearfield configuration can yield amazing results. I just discovered the joy of nearfield listening this January and I'll never go back. You get all the benefits of speakers, but they are so close to you that you don't get nearly as much room interactions and loss of detail you get with speakers that are several meters away. It's almost like listening to...
I'm happy with mine after EQ for $129. I just went on a long walk and listened to all of Opeth's "Blackwater Park" and a couple King Crimson songs and it was very enjoyable. I am able to get them sounding just the way I want with the 4 band PEQ that Neutron music player offers. Knock the bass way down, bring up the mids centered at 4K, and bring down the 7-8K area a little bit and these are a whole different headphone. They work very well with my Galaxy S4, they actually...
My Neutron EQ settings for the Momentum on-ear:   Low Band:     -7.0dB Mid Band 1:  +7.5dB Mid Band 2:  -5.0dB High Band:    +3.0dB   Low Band: 125Hz Low Band Slope (Q) : .8 Mid Band 1: 4,000Hz Mid Band 1 Width (octaves): 1.25 Mid Band 2: 7,500Hz Mid Band 2 Width (octaves): .5 High Band 10,000  High Band Slope (Q): 1.0   Some of these adjustments are pretty big, but it really improves the sound of these quite a bit. These settings make them pretty neutral...
Agree. If you can, try to play with some EQ if your device allows it. Even just bringing the bass down to a reasonable level (about -6db from about 125hz and down) makes them sound a ton better. 
I just grabbed a black pair from Best Buy for $129. After some EQ they are quite good. I'm using a Galaxy S4 with Neutron music player with all the audiophile settings on. Using 192Kbps ogg Vorbis for file size reasons. After knocking the bass down(150hz and down) and bringing the mid-range(4khz) up, and adding a bit from 12,000 on up they sound great with my S4. And finally a headphone that works well with my S4 without the need for a headphone amp. They are sensitive...
It should work with everything. I have no idea why it wouldn't work for you with Spotify, it does for me.
2 more...
2 more...   Porgy and Bess is goooooood.